Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a straight out lie, I said nothing of that sort.

Enjoy your diving in Singapore:wink:

My last dives very recently here down under, whales, dolphins, sharks, snakes, octopus, wobbegong, etc... My fellow divers were engineers, geologists, doctors, teachers... happy to make educated responsible decisions and not ignorant of the covid situation

Let's keep the hope alive that we'll be diving in Indonesia in the near future

Stay positive
16 Juli: Bit ridiculous just whining how bad your situation is without thinking of a brighter future

I think from a diving and a tourism business point of view, operators have got a responsibility to talk it up in a positive way instead of scaremongering

And mate, how is it a ridiculous post when people already posted on this thread that flights have been full, boats have been full, at different continents & countries of the world?

I think you owe me an apology for your insult. I won't hold it against you

If you read my post Mr Non-Ridiculous, I encouraged Indah to be positive and to advertise his positivity to potential new customers in the very near future. Because divers are tired of BS.

Please the fall for the headlines only. Read until the end
Despite Singapore’s invitation, both New Zealand and Brunei are not allowing foreign visitors to enter.

The New Zealand border is currently closed to almost all travellers wanting to enter the country by either air or sea. In Brunei, travel restrictions remain too, and the country has no plans to reopen its borders that has remained closed since mid-March to curb the spread of Covid-19. Residents of both countries are only allowed to leave for essential travel. Additonally, Singapore residents cannot travel to either country."
'

I would be extremely surprised if New Zealand allowed travel to/from/through Indonesia at any point in someone's travels, even if their borders opened/were open right now. They have had some of the strictest measures and lockdowns implemented and have approached it all very aggressively. Given Indonesia's historically poor testing rate per capita, I think they will perceive anyone traveling to/from/through Indonesia as extremely high risk because of the unknown or rather, untested. I could see NZ having a travel bubble with islands in the South Pacific first, if anything. I see Singapore being very conservative and hesitant about opening the borders with Indonesia, whether directly or indirectly (transit/traveling through) as well.

(I know you weren't talking about NZ and Indonesia directly but I was trying to link it back to this thread and it got me thinking.)

If Singapore were in talks with Indonesia, my guess is NZ would leave the table immediately given the above, if they were even at the table to begin with.

I see Singapore being very conservative and hesitant about opening the borders with Indonesia, whether directly or indirectly (transit/traveling through) as well.
Transit from Jakarta, Medan and Surabaya through Singapore is currently possible. If Indosesia opens for travel, I could make my trip in December, only forgoing the stop-over on the way back to Germany.

Transit from Jakarta, Medan and Surabaya through Singapore is currently possible. If Indosesia opens for travel, I could make my trip in December, only forgoing the stop-over on the way back to Germany.

good information...thanks! I wonder how they feel about folks from the US.............

good information...thanks! I wonder how they feel about folks from the US.............
That Indonesia is closed until end of the year does not mean it will open early next year. The numbers here are rising with new daily records both in infections and deaths. For what it means with testing still less than 25.000 people daily (population 270 million). Look what happened to the optimism from July about traveling in Europe.

The Singapore government has a list of aiports that are deemed "save for transit"; so if your flights originates at one of those airports you can fly through Singapore. E.g. FRA-SIN-LAX is ok, the return leg is not.

I would be extremely surprised if New Zealand allowed travel to/from/through Indonesia at any point in someone's travels, even if their borders opened/were open right now. They have had some of the strictest measures and lockdowns implemented and have approached it all very aggressively. Given Indonesia's historically poor testing rate per capita, I think they will perceive anyone traveling to/from/through Indonesia as extremely high risk because of the unknown or rather, untested. I could see NZ having a travel bubble with islands in the South Pacific first, if anything. I see Singapore being very conservative and hesitant about opening the borders with Indonesia, whether directly or indirectly (transit/traveling through) as well.

(I know you weren't talking about NZ and Indonesia directly but I was trying to link it back to this thread and it got me thinking.)

If Singapore were in talks with Indonesia, my guess is NZ would leave the table immediately given the above, if they were even at the table to begin with.

I post these links on Australia, it's relevance being that it has one the world's strictest covid border controls, & also that Indonesia for the last few months has stated that Australia is in the top few countries it wants to restart tourism travel with.

International travel is discouraged across the world, but Australia's outbound travel ban sets it apart

New Zealand: Residents strongly advised not to travel overseas, but not banned from doing so

Singapore: Residents not banned from travelling, but will not have their healthcare costs covered if they go abroad and come back with the virus

Could COVID-19 red and green zones save Australia's economy?

The AHPPC expert medical panel is developing Commonwealth guidelines for what constitutes a coronavirus hotspot.

Mr Morrison indicated he would like Australia to pursue a similar system to Denmark, which classifies countries as either "open" or "quarantine" countries based on whether it has a sufficient testing regime and there are fewer than 20 new cases per 100,000 inhabitants in one week.

Travel advice is changed from orange - avoid all non-essential travel - to yellow - travel with caution. Travellers to yellow countries do not have to quarantine for 14 days upon return home.

The Prime Minister said a few days ago he would love for international travel to return, and the last week he has been pushing very hard for the internal borders to open up in Oz

Australia and Indonesia have a mutually beneficial relationship and close ties. There's nothing more that tourism and tourists would want than for travel to open up again

Mr Morrison indicated he would like Australia to pursue a similar system to Denmark, which classifies countries as either "open" or "quarantine" countries based on whether it has a sufficient testing regime and there are fewer than 20 new cases per 100,000 inhabitants in one week.
Less than 1.5 out of 270 million Indonesians have been tested until today

Back
Top Bottom