Sperm whale and calf sighted in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a big ocean out there with no fencing..You never know what you might see..How cool!!

I'm diving with them Sunday and will try to get more info, and hopefully a sighting. Only a small crew on these days, so one of them must have done the video. I usually dive with them on their weekly Sunday outing - except last week, so of course that must be when they saw the whale.

Unbelievable. That looks like 7MB in the background.
Unless they were using a zoom lens, the Red Sail boat was pretty close.

Unbelievable. That looks like 7MB in the background.
Unless they were using a zoom lens, the Red Sail boat was pretty close.
That is what I was thinking. Nice and close.

Easy to get overexcited when you see something like this so I understand how it could happen; but IMO, too close.

I'm diving with them Sunday and will try to get more info, and hopefully a sighting. Only a small crew on these days, so one of them must have done the video. I usually dive with them on their weekly Sunday outing - except last week, so of course that must be when they saw the whale.

Had the whole Red Sail dive crew out today, and no one knew anything about who spotted the whales or shot the video. It looked like west side to me, but one of the crew guessed it was east.

Back
Top Bottom