ok... you guys won... I'm officially a BP/W convert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really? Pretty common in SoFla

Not because of the pockets... it's the rubber butt protector that would make me fit right in at the Blue Oyster Bar, if you get the reference.

picture added for reference:
acd264e62323231751d8975c15707ea2.jpg

I have my BP/W rigged so that I can pull it snug. At the bottom, add a loop of webbing & a D-Ring then thread your webbing through the D-Ring. This will allow you to effortlessly loosen or tighten it as much as you want in almost no time at all.

View attachment 607718 View attachment 607719

I have used either a large opening tri-glide or a rectangular ring.... slides real nicely with them.

I saw this on a mark from simply scuba video... I can't use it if i want to use my integrated weight pockets, but I thought about it as an option. It's supposedly good for loosening one shoulder strap to take your gear off on the boat.
View attachment 607720
This is the beauty of a BP/W setup. You can make it work for you, no matter what that means. In direct opposition to what you guys have done, I put locking webbing holders on the back side of my plate between where the shoulder straps go in and the waist strap comes out specifically to keep the shoulder straps loose and the waist band tight. I can (and have just for s&g) take my arms completely out of the harness and do a dive quite comfortably with only the waist and crotch straps connected. I don't have much issue with the whole rig shifting and moving around on me.

I added an an accessory pocket to the waist strap of my harness.

I dont want to wear shorts, or a holster, they dont seem particulary comfortable, you have to worry about fit, and they all cost like $90.
I dont see any drawback to an accessory pocket, it slides right onto the waist strap, and it only cost $25. DGX Gears Vertical Velcro Pocket | Dive Gear Express®

And if someone mentions trim, I dont see a big difference in trim if I put pockets on my waist or on my thigh

...When I tilt to the side, I dont like how the BP slides around a bit...

It might help to tighten your crotch strap and harness. The crotch strap needs to be snug to hold your rig properly in place. It's even more important than the shoulder straps being correctly fitted.

It sounds like you need to tighten your harness as well. The rig shouldn't roll or shift no matter how you move, assuming your bp/w is molded for a single tank or has a single tank adapter. You'll have to find the right balance for you where the harness fits well in each dimension, but it's also easy to get out of. Good luck! :)

I added an an accessory pocket to the waist strap of my harness.

[Snip] And if someone mentions trim, I don't see a big difference in trim if I put pockets on my waist or on my thigh

No one should (criticise) I have one on each side on my waist belt for the same reasoning as you. As long as your configuration meets the needs of your diving and you've thought through all the options to arrive at the best all round solution then it's all good.

I was a BP/W convert on my first day of OW class, before I even know that a BP/W existed.

When I put on the jacket BC, my first thought was, "This is a big cluttered mess, I want something more streamlined."

I hated the jacket BC. as soon as I saw my first BP/W we got married.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom