ok... you guys won... I'm officially a BP/W convert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I need weight pockets, I let them slide on the belt. A length of bungie using two holes in the plate makes a loop to then hold the weight in place at the plate...

I recently switched from a back-inflate to a BP/W. I am generally happy, but there are trade-offs.

I appreciate that I was able to drop several pounds of total weight.

But I prefer the snug fit of an adjustable H-harness. When I tilt to the side, I dont like how the BP slides around a bit. Not a safety issue, just a question of convenience and preference.

I suppose I could buy an H-harness for the BP/W, but all the H-harnesses I see have extra padding, which I dont want, and defeats the "less lead" advantage. I wish someone sold a relatively cheap (>$100) H-harness with no padding.
Have you thought of getting the webbing and making your own with the help of your local shoe repair shop? I've had one near my house do some nice work for me. Much cheaper, but you have to go up and down twice to the shop.

I saw this on a mark from simply scuba video... I can't use it if i want to use my integrated weight pockets, but I thought about it as an option. It's supposedly good for loosening one shoulder strap to take your gear off on the boat.
View attachment 607720
When I remove the harness I just grab in each hand a bolt snap which is attached to the chest D-rings then do something similar than when you remove a jacket and pull the chest d rings outwards while you pass one elbow at a time outside.

Since someone showed me this I don’t have to adjust the harness when removing the kit.

If I need weight pockets, I let them slide on the belt. A length of bungie using two holes in the plate makes a loop to them hold the weight in place at the plate...

The pockets i bought match the whole mares xr system. They replace the triglide at the bottom sides of the backplate with integrated triglides so that the pockets, webbing, and backplate are mated together and the pockets wont move at all. The also have built in d-rings for an spg boltsnap or for whatever you want to clip on.
600.jpg

If I need weight pockets, I let them slide on the belt. A length of bungie using two holes in the plate makes a loop to then hold the weight in place at the plate...

When I remove the harness I just grab in each hand a bolt snap which is attached to the chest D-rings then do something similar than when you remove a jacket and pull the chest d rings outwards while you pass one elbow at a time outside.

Since someone showed me this I don’t have to adjust the harness when removing the kit.

Well, my rotator cuffs have been on the mend lately, so I might be okay for now (knocks wood).

Back
Top Bottom