New computer purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I used a Suunto D9 previously but unfortunately it was stolen some years ago. In the market for similar. Any suggestions. Looked at the Suunto Eon on line. Impressive. Any other suggestions. Thank you. Pat

You'll get the typical replies here:

- Shearwater Perdix AI
- Shearwater Teric

Have a look at the Suunto D5. Proably closest to what the D9 was, but newer. Also in Spain it costs half as much as a teric.

I like my EON, D5 is easier to read in the sun

Two cheapos is better than an expensive one. Less attractive to sticky fingers!!
Aqualung i100 cost one third of a Eon even the i300C cost less than half.

Talk all for your advice. I’ll look at all suggestions and let you know the outcome. Pat

Historically the answer is always petrel, perdix, and teric (though I personally wouldn't recommend it as a primary). But now with the peregrine being a decent price that's the way people should go if they're not planning to do trimix ever.
I would avoid Suunto with their conservancy or any other brand with a proprietary algorithm.

Edit: I just looked up prices on new Suunto's (I haven't looked at them in years). At those prices, the peregrine should be a no brainer.

I have been diving a Suunto Cobra 1 for over 20 years and it has never given me a second of trouble and I have never had to end a dive because it was too conservative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom