How to react to bad diver etiquette (coral poaching/destruction etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re the mouthpiece quote-- Was wondering after I wrote that if it would garner any innuendo comments! Really a bit of a stretch though. We have mouthpieces on our second stages. Athletes wear tooth guard mouthpieces. But I guess it can be whatever one wants it to be. All in fun.

Yes, but we don't lick and suck on our mouthpiece before we put it in our mouth. Well, at least I don't.

Yes, but we don't lick and suck on our mouthpiece before we put it in our mouth. Well, at least I don't.
Neither do I when I play clarinet. But I do do other stuff that may gross people out.....

Neither do I when I play clarinet. But I do do other stuff that may gross people out.....

you don't wet your reed? how do you do that?

you don't wet your reed? how do you do that?
That's an easy one. Goes into my mouth separately before onto the mouthpiece. That's also when I take the warps out of it.

Sorry, didn't see this - you don't want to get too clean!! Yes, conserve water!! More important if you're in an area suffering from a drought.
I was wondering. Of course there is no concern up here about conserving water. But curious, how does conserving water actually help the environment? I was thinking longer showers may (or may not) mean using more soap, which may be harmful (though I think soap today is made a little more environment freindly than years ago---don't quote me, that's just what I think someone once told me).
I try to take as brief showers as possible. But since we moved 2+ years ago, this is the first place since I moved to Canada (1977) that I had to pay for water (I lived in apts., had a well, and in a town where the mining co. provided free water to all residents). So my brief showers are to save money now.

Are your children reading this?

No, but they have to live with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom