JJ ccr head cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valyngar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

Anyone know any other cover for JJ head than narked at 90 neoprene one? Looking for cover that would keep out silt/sand out of head when diving.

There was a really nice 3d printed one. I think I saw it in the JJ CCR group on FB last year. I've been meaning to have a friend print something for mine if our schedules ever match up.

I'm in the market for one, too. Frankly, I was thinking of sewing one up out of thin neoprene, but a soft rubber'ish 3d one would be perfect.

something like a kayak skirt with elasticated cuffs might work or maybe adapt a flue kit flashing
s718121324648723277_p11_i1_w5001.jpeg

Pete Mesley designed something like that for the JJ, pretty sure that he is still giving out the .stl file to get it 3D printed. Here is the thread on his FB page...
Yeah that's the weay I am going forward, 3d printing prices :-(

Pete Mesley sent me the .stl file, and I have a request for a quote in with two companies. More to follow...
20200823_195014.jpg
20200823_195033.jpg

Yeah that's the weay I am going forward, 3d printing prices :-(
You could check your local library for a 3d printer, my local one charges 0.40€ per print (max print time 4h)

First 3D printer service quote using Agilus30 rubber-like material with great tear resistance was $600, and the second company was $1300, down to $870 for four pieces or more. Unless TPU works, it looks like a one-off 3D, versus a mold and rubber injection, is out.

First 3D printer service quote using Agilus30 rubber-like material with great tear resistance was $600. Unless next service is markedly different, looks like a one-off 3D, versus a mold and rubber injection, is out.

I did one of these with Pete's files a while ago. It was $159 with tax. See below. Will see if I can share the link from the printer:

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.26.56 PM.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom