It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

There's been a little thread cleanup in here.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

There's been a little thread cleanup in here.

Sometimes you guys suck a little fun out of these, ya know?:D

Here is a pic.

So it's just glue? Do the Rochesters not stick well enough? I haven't used a lot of them but they're pretty sticky. I'd be scared to put one on and have to take it off within the first 3 or 4 hours.

So it's just glue? Do the Rochesters not stick well enough? I haven't used a lot of them but they're pretty sticky. I'd be scared to put one on and have to take it off within the first 3 or 4 hours.

Not sure about the vial. But I believe that is a Hollis catheter, not a Wideband. In my experience, the In View caths have a less aggressive adhesive on it. I generally use some extra glue and/or a wrap of medical tape.

DW

Not sure about the vial. But I believe that is a Hollis catheter, not a Wideband. In my experience, the In View caths have a less aggressive adhesive on it. I generally use some extra glue and/or a wrap of medical tape.

DW

I thought the idea was to get wideband and not have to worry about any of that stuff? Is it cheaper to add glue / medical tape?

I thought the idea was to get wideband and not have to worry about any of that stuff? Is it cheaper to add glue / medical tape?

In my opinion, it depends on how you buy them. If you buy cases of 100, it may not be. In smaller lots, it may be a little cheaper. Mastisol, the adhesive that I have, is kinda spendy. But a 15ml bottle has lasted me over a year and is still over half full.

I likely wouldn't have bothered, but I had a number of catheters with a less aggressive adhesive and just couldn't bring myself to trash em. But now, if I ever have to buy locally (no one here carries Rochester) it is no big deal.

DW

In my opinion, it depends on how you buy them. If you buy cases of 100, it may not be. In smaller lots, it may be a little cheaper. Mastisol, the adhesive that I have, is kinda spendy. But a 15ml bottle has lasted me over a year and is still over half full.

I likely wouldn't have bothered, but I had a number of catheters with a less aggressive adhesive and just couldn't bring myself to trash em. But now, if I ever have to buy locally (no one here carries Rochester) it is no big deal.

DW
That makes good sense. I've never searched locally for catheters, I just get them on Amazon

That makes good sense. I've never searched locally for catheters, I just get them on Amazon

I normally order mine, as well. But sometimes I have been known to forget to put one on, or find out my stock was lower than I thought. Always good to have options!

DW

Has anyone else run into issues of the adhesive getting old and not sticking as well when you order the widebands in bulk? Not sure if it age related, but I started having some close calls with the catheter nearly coming off towards the end of the dive and I'm towards the end of the box of 30 I bought in January. I ordered some new ones that seem to adhere a bit better.

It's kind of a pre adhesive compound.

I'm in my drysuit for 6-8 hours sometimes and I have an absolute irrational fear of pissing myself, so the marginal increase in prep time for extra security doesn't bother me.

It's kind of a pre adhesive compound.

I'm in my drysuit for 6-8 hours sometimes and I have an absolute irrational fear of pissing myself, so the marginal increase in prep time for extra security doesn't bother me.

6-8 is a long time. The most I've done is 4 or 5, and even then I pulled the top down because it was hot during the si

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom