After a 12-Year Absence, I MIGHT be back.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windknot

Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of things have happened - my last post was in 2009 when I sold tens of thousands of dollars of gear for pennies on the dollar after a health-scare made me re-prioritize my life.

Health issues are in check, better than ever......recently had weight loss surgery (coming up on a year) and have lost nearly 100#. Divorce, retirement, Un-retired after divorce, new career as an Emergency Room Nurse......

I went from zero to 60 in less than 5 years in diving. Fred-T Backplate, Halcyon wings, Dry-suit, doubles deeper and deeper depths - was just starting to learn about tri-mix from one of my instructors when I gave up on diving.

In an ironic twist, my former SSI instructor is one of the physicians I work with in the ER. We got to talking the other day and his kids (now grown) have started scuba lessons. I admitted that I had been jonseing to get back in the water, and the quick chat in the locker room lasted throughout the shift.

Long story short, he's been out of diving for almost 10 years also, but in his words "Is and always will be a wreck diver" whereas I'm more of a warm-water forever diver going forward. Losing 100#, I'm freezing in 80º sunshine.....so diving in the great lakes is definitely out as a mainstay.

So.....I'll be looking for a new FredT backplate (or 2 ) and a singles wing et al.

Welcome me back, wish me well and for God's sake, find me a single woman who likes to dive and swear a lot.

The beauty of diving is it can be a life-long activity.
Best of luck to you.

K.

........find me a single woman who likes to dive and swear a lot.

Careful what you wish for, then in your in for double everything:D

Welcome back

Welcome back! I had to take a few years off after a bad car wreck, so I can sure appreciate where you are coming from.

Good luck and happy diving!!

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom