What is your favorite of all time regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never had a regset I didnt like. I have a few:

Tech:
Atomic M1 DIN x3 (my doubles and 50-80% regset)
Apeks XTX50/DS4 (Dedicated O2)

Rec:
Apeks XTX200 Yoke (primary single tank regset)

Backups/Loaners:
Atomic M1 Yoke
Atomic ST1Yoke
Atomic B2 Yoke

Anyone want to take the time and go through all 16 pages and make a top 10 list of the most popular regulators according to scubaboard members? Maybe throw out the post where people listed like 12 different favorites :).

I wish I never sold them ...
Oceanic Delta II - wet breather and it honks! LOL
Scubapro G250 w/ Mardi Gras cover - great breather, always reliable

Attachments

• 6749826283_e2dfcfc05f_w.jpg
    6749826283_e2dfcfc05f_w.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 86
Yes, my setup is working well too. But I can not wait to “test out” a D420!
:)

Apeks XTX200 and FSR with a 5th port. best routing, and I'm a sucker for chrome.

Attachments

• DSCF1522.JPG
    DSCF1522.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 76
My favorite is the Aqua Lung Legend specifically the LX. I don't have a massive amount of experience with all manor of regulators but I have dived probably 8-10 different brands/models. The Legend LX is by far my favorite. I own two Legends LXs (one is 14 years old and the other 12) and just purchased one of the new Leg3nd Elite regs.

This may sound ridiculous among beautiful pics here, but i recently serviced a Tusa rs-340 set with the unbalanced downstream s10 octo and was quite in awe how well it was made. It's a steel duro poppet with a cutout to fit the lever and a sleeve over it so it can't slip. Felt like the most precise downstream duro poppet design I had ever seen.

Anyone know if this is an original design from Tusa of a rebrand? The first was just your standard mk17-esque balanced sealed diaphragm. But the second, especially the s10 octo really grabbed my attention.

Tabata-USA [TUSA] made some good quality regs in their day, Japanese manufacture and design if I recall correctly. The RS-340 is from the late 1980s - early 1990s.

I started with a U.S. Diver's Conshelf with the Select second. Then I moved to a SP Mk 11, with a large IP swing which required that the second be detuned. Now I dive with the SP Mk 25 evo with an A700. I like how compact the A700 is, and it breathes fine when tuned well.

Honestly, I am not real picky about anything that reliably feeds me air at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom