Got a new job tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm now incharge of all the teams and the departments dive related equipment. Lock stock and barrel, every little thing to do with equipment is mine.

Like I don't have enough to do. Ahhhh, I don't mind, it all pays the same.

I just found us a bus for the team. Around a 30 footer with black smoke puffing power.
I'll know more tomorrow.

Got our training dates for this month, 12, 26 and 27th, 30 hours isn't bad in a month.

Plus it looks like my team reserve program might finally get started.

And the SS is still on tract.

Gary D.

Gary:

Congratulations! I am assuming this is as a result of the recent incident? Either case, I can only see good things happening.

Good luck!

Dan

Gary D.:
I'm now incharge of all the teams and the departments dive related equipment. Lock stock and barrel, every little thing to do with equipment is mine.

I just found us a bus for the team. Around a 30 footer with black smoke puffing power.
I'll know more tomorrow.

Got our training dates for this month, 12, 26 and 27th, 30 hours isn't bad in a month.

Gary D.

Congratulations Gary! I hope all continues to go well for you in 2005! :wink:

Great news indeed!

You've got a good writing style I always enjoy reading your posts.
I hope you’re now not too busy to keep us posted about the potential Darwin award winners you deal with on a continuing basis.

Congratulations on your new responsibilities. No doubt you'll be busy, however, you'll be able to steer the dive team in the right direction now.

Again, congratulations!!

Randy

Gary D.:

I'll know more tomorrow.

Gary D.

Gary,

Will you be flying a desk more now or will you still be getting wet as much as you want?

Just wondering.

Wristshot

I suppose congratulations are in order. At least you will know for sure that the gear is well maintained.

Nothing has really changed with the gear issue except I get to keep tract of it. It's an easy job that I can do on slow patrol nights between calls. It will only take a week or so to get it all listed then not much time at all.

NOT FLYING A DESK, NO WAY JOSE.

We have always need it assigned to one person. I have just done the job, except the inventory for the past 20+ years. Now it just official and I have the inventory to deal with which is not that big a deal. I have a good responsible team.

About the budget. I have 6K to play with right now plus a new PWC dedicated to the team enroute.

On a sadder note, there has been no change in Mike’s condition. Please keep the prayers coming.

Gary D.

wow 6k! our unit is an all volunteer part of the SO, they love us... till we ask for money for new gear :D then we get the , well um the budget is really cut back this year story. Oh well anything that gets broken of damedged on a callout gets fixed or replaced so we dont complain much :D

Still praying for mike and his family hope things look up soon!

Back
Top Bottom