It finally happened: I peed in the dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got one put in once i started having prostrate issues -whats the best deodoriser to clean them- i didnt open the valve once -very uncomfortable plus got a urinary infection

I always love the guessing game that comes with the warm feeling. Is that just the hose warming up my leg, or did I just pee all over my leg? Nothing I can do about it now....
the true meaning of life and serinity!

:wink:

didn’t put the catheter on first thing in the morning
Great tip.

Another great tip is to clean your p valve after every day of use. Put water in your mouth and blow through the valve - its ugly but can save you a trip to the hospital if you don't clean it.

Another great tip is to clean your p valve after every day of use.
Yes.

Put water in your mouth and blow through the valve
No. Because ew.
I mean, it probably works but just get an irrigation syringe from the pharmacy and use that to flush the hose and valve. That way you can use whatever mix of water with vinegar, alcohol, steramine, etc to flush and you get a lot of volume+force with them too. For extra credit, you can get an air nozzle that connects to your BC hose to dry out the valve. Honestly, I think that drying out the assembly is more important.

I'm ultra paranoid about this. I do a disinfecting flush with almost an entire mask case of water + steramine followed by blowing through it with a nozzle until I don't see or feel any more moisture coming out. This is after every dive day. Is it excessive? Maybe. Worth it to me? Totes.

Great tip.

Another great tip is to clean your p valve after every day of use. Put water in your mouth and blow through the valve - its ugly but can save you a trip to the hospital if you don't clean it.

This is something I keep telling myself I have to start doing. Guess it is probably time.

DW

if you dive a ccr and use the purtabs to clean your loop etc you can save some of the water and pour it down the hose

Great tip.

How is it possible that mixing the bacteria in your mouth with that is a best effort cleaning?
Use a squeeze bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom