New Genesis 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dial mine in for fresh and just deal with it a bit positive for salt (maybe clip a couple double enders on the nose for weight, if I remember). I'm on the trigger about 99% of the time and just slow it down to a crawl or drive in circles waiting for others, so I don't really notice the slight positive buoyancy in seawater. I open it to disconnect the batteries when I travel and that's about it.

Alas the freshwater to salt weighting change means I can't really so this - although sometimes I just dive the dang thing without changing the weight

Apparently, you need 2 of them...

We got our new scooters earlier this week and dove them at Ginnie last night. They are fantastic. The Sentry computer is awesome.
Hi Superlyte27, how's the buoyancy and trim characteristic out of the box?

Hi Superlyte27, how's the buoyancy characteristic on the Genesis DPV?

Uh, weird question....
Add as much or as little lead as you need? Seems pretty straightforward? I’m not sure what you’re asking? I’ve owned about ten scooters, they all balance the same way. Lead in or lead out. Am I missing something?

Hi Superlyte27, how's the buoyancy and trim characteristic out of the box?

My Genesis 2.1 came with two pouches of lead, one weighing 1lb the other weighin .5lbs. With the 1lb weight, in salt water, the DPV is slightly positive. With 1.5lbs it sinks quickly to the bottom. Trim wise, it tends to be a little nose heavy. Two bolt snaps will pull the nose downward, when you release the DPV. This is how the DPV sits mid-water with the 1lb weight pouch.

G21 deco.jpg

Last week, I tried 1lb & 4oz. The unit sank. Removed 2oz and will see this Saturday. So there is a bit of work to trim and adjust the buoyancy to your own personal preference.

O.

The easiest way to trim out a scooter that is too light or heavy is to use a fish scale. That will get you pretty close,
then use an old druggie pendulum scale to get it dead on as soon as it is slightly overweighted.
Done right, you can easily get the weighing within 1/10 of a gram with only 2 trips to the water.

Michael

There are a number of different techniques for dialing in the buoyancy and trim. I use stainless boltsnaps of various sizes and other small stainless bits I have laying around clipped to the outside, at the front and rear locations that correspond with the weight mounting locations inside. When it's trimmed with the weights on the outside, take them off, dry them, weigh them, multiply weight by 0.87 to account for the stainless piece's displacement of water and put that much weight inside at each location.

My Genesis 2.1 came with two pouches of lead, one weighing 1lb the other weighin .5lbs. With the 1lb weight, in salt water, the DPV is slightly positive. With 1.5lbs it sinks quickly to the bottom. Trim wise, it tends to be a little nose heavy. Two bolt snaps will pull the nose downward, when you release the DPV. This is how the DPV sits mid-water with the 1lb weight pouch.

View attachment 604575

Last week, I tried 1lb & 4oz. The unit sank. Removed 2oz and will see this Saturday. So there is a bit of work to trim and adjust the buoyancy to your own personal preference.

O.[/QUOTE

View attachment 604575

O.
Thanks, this will be my first DPV so not sure what my preference will be =), still waiting for it arrive, I was hoping logicdivegear have the weight dialing in for fresh and salt already. Thanks for sharing

Hi,
Just ordered the Genesis 2.1, waiting time about 3 months and Cant hide my excitement!
Just wondering if anyone knows the name of the 3d party app for IOS to monitor the batteries. Will buy the Sentry in the future. Currently the app provided by Jon is for androids.

Thanks in advance!

If you can afford a Genesis, you can definitely afford a cheap Android phone dedicated to your Genesis...

LOL Can you tell I am super jealous? :wink: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom