Six Pack Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except in this instance they are taking about taking us on a standard inside shallow double dip.

Just seems a bit pricey to me for a family fun day, approaching 1K, with tips. Could probably get round trip airfare to Ft Lauderdale for the five of us and still have a little left over for the first dive.

It is a expensive outing to dive down in NC. Particularly on a six pack. Add to that it’s ~$200/night for a hotel (at least it was when I went down there).

If you’re looking at it strictly from a budget standpoint, then yes...NC is not the place where I would choose to take a family dive vacation.

Edit: If you stayed in Pompano Beach or Lauderdale by the Sea...accommodations are cheaper. You also have access to shore diving at LBTS to save a few bucks.

Yeah this was something to do on an outer banks beach vacation, not a dive vacation, those are to shore diving Mecca's, Bonaire, Curacao, St Croix etc, flights, rental house and diving for a ten day trip all for the cost of 5x5 2-tanks in NC. It's pretty easy math. As a quick weekend solo or buddy pair trip it makes sense. For a diving family not so much.

I would like to second the recommendation of the Atlantis Atlantis Charters Home - You will be hard pressed to find a better boat with a more qualified crew.

4-5hrs hah! I wish... It's a LONG way out. Dock to Dock is typically around 10 hours off of NC. The wrecks are a long way out
then even more worth it

This may be late advise, but check out the 6 pack Instigator. Instigatorfad.com. The captain is very knowledgeable and an experienced spear hunter. Her prices are always reasonable.

Less sugar and abs exercise everyday should do the trick...

approaching 1K, with tips
If the total's a bit high, I would inform them ahead of time that you aren't tipping and just skip the tip. You're effectively contracting them, and they might be counting on no tips for the dollar-cost they provide.

I operate a six pack out of Swansboro, NC. We run charters to all of the destinations that you would go to out of Morehead City as well as all of the destinations out of Wilmington as we are directly in the middle. I do not charge for a guide if you'd like one, we are happy to jump in with you. We also have lodging for our guests; a 4,200 sqft log cabin on 37 secluded acres that is only about ten minutes from the boat dock. We offer wreck, ledge, tech, night, megalodon-fossil, shark, spearfishing, drift and over night charters.
Instigator Fishing and Diving Charters

4-5hrs hah! I wish... It's a LONG way out. Dock to Dock is typically around 10 hours off of NC. The wrecks are a long way out
Hello.
Man.....I wish, as well. I lived in Otway for two years. Those 4 - 6 hour boat rides are brutal. Depending on the wreck? Sometimes worth it.
Cheers.

I operate a six pack out of Swansboro, NC. We run charters to all of the destinations that you would go to out of Morehead City as well as all of the destinations out of Wilmington as we are directly in the middle. I do not charge for a guide if you'd like one, we are happy to jump in with you. We also have lodging for our guests; a 4,200 sqft log cabin on 37 secluded acres that is only about ten minutes from the boat dock. We offer wreck, ledge, tech, night, megalodon-fossil, shark, spearfishing, drift and over night charters.
Instigator Fishing and Diving Charters
Hello. How are you? Can you post a website URL. Are the prices listed, and also, are dogs allowed on the property?
Thanks, Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom