Front Zip Drysuit-Self Donning Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have a front zip DUI drysuit, but once it gets to that last little portion up by my shoulder, I cant get the right angle to pull the zipper

When did they switch to closing at the top? I’ve replaced several DUI zippers and have owned another 4 suits of my own and they always pull down to close. That includes 350, 450, 200, and Yukon’s.

An impossible feat after 3 shoulder surgeries! I bought a front entry for solo diving, had if for >10 years I have not yet been able to secure the zipper myself. Not enough range or strength to get it done. My method is to have Mrs.AD zip it up for me. She's the best non-diving dive tender a diver can have.

I can barely vent the suit, just the tip of my middle finger can reach the button. I decided to stop dry suit diving. I'm now a New England summer diver, can't really say warm water diver, most people don't consider 72F water warm and that's only for a month or so.

@Curious_George, I noticed that too. I don't recall seeing any that close in the up direction. Seems it would make it more difficult to close.

My DUI opens toward the shoulder and closes toward my hip.

I simply don't open it all the way as it is very easy to get it on with the zipper not quite fully open. If by chance the suit is fully open, I scrunch the suit around my body to better reach the zipper pull tab.

i assume you are talking about closing the first few inches ?? i simply grab the handle on the external zipper and lift up so the dry zipper is as straight as possible. then pull as gentle as possible.

Keeping the zipper well maintained and lubricated also helps a lot; it:s amazing how much harder the zipper action can become after only a couple of dives so keep that wax handy!

I went with that option too and it works well.

My DUI opens toward the shoulder and closes toward my hip.

I simply don't open it all the way as it is very easy to get it on with the zipper not quite fully open. If by chance the suit is fully open, I scrunch the suit around my body to better reach the zipper pull tab.

Back
Top Bottom