Is anyone planning to go on a Red Sea liveaboard in the Aug-Oct 2020 timeframe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not any country

- if you come from a non-risk country, no test or quarantine required
- if you come from a risk country, you go into a 14 day quarantine, which can be lifted if
a) you provide a negative PCR test on entry
b) your mandatory PCR test comes back negative​

seems very well thought out , at least if they remove a country from the list whilst you are abroad ( like spain for us) you can avoid a 14 day quarantine with a test, that is not an option here it seems, ( which obviously makes travelling even worse if you potential cant return to work on return ( for 14 days)

Thanks for clarifying,

I had planned to make a return dive trip to the Red Sea this August, having thoroughly enjoyed my first trip last year. I probably won’t be able to do that for work reasons. But I’m wondering if anyone is planning to go now that Egypt is apparently allowing dive liveaboards to resume operations.
I had the Red Sea scheduled for March 2020. Everything got cancelled. I've now rescheduled everything for the end of October. Fingers crossed.

My trip on the Red Sea Aggressor III for BDE on Sept 5 just got canceled :(
Really disappointed since I had confirmed with Aggressor that the trip would go ahead and then re-booked and paid for new flights after Turkish Airlines canceled.

How does the 72 hour test work? If I get a test, wait for it to come back, then get on my plane, I am lucky to get to Cairo in 72 hours.

My trip on the Red Sea Aggressor III for BDE on Sept 5 just got canceled :(
Really disappointed since I had confirmed with Aggressor that the trip would go ahead and then re-booked and paid for new flights after Turkish Airlines canceled.

Sorry to hear it, but thanks for sharing.

How does the 72 hour test work?
Well... it's 72 h between the time the test is made i.e. you get this stick down your throat (that time should be on the certificate) and the time you enter into Egypt.
And yes, you run the risk of any delays. And of course the risk of a (hopefully false) positiv before you take your plane.

I have some plans for late October- early November in case they drop the COVID test requirement. Would like to go to Sharm and I'm fairly sure that if 6 divers would pop the request we could get a week safari going in no time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom