cyklon 5000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axluba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello,

out of completely non-rational emotions I am tempted to by a cyklon set, second hand. (between my OW course on those and their design I cannot resist) however I found some (second hand) that have some particularities and because I am far from being an expert I'd rather ask.

I've never seen cyklon 5000 with "plastic wheel" on the din valve:
$_59.JPG

is this normal?

on another offer that is also interesting the secondary second stage has no "medal" on the front?
$_57.JPG

of course if I were to by a set it would go to maintenance first. but I would welcome any inputs on those particularities.

thanks everybody

the barrel without the decal is a replacement. the din wheel just has a rubber grip cover i believe, should be standard chrome underneath.

Merci beaucoup!

Now that I look closer At the pictures the “connection” Where the DIN wheel should be looks weird to my inexperienced eyes.. and I can’t find anything online on that
F46A386C-90AA-4504-B1F7-6367238C5156.jpeg

I’ll probably wait to buy one that it a bit more “conventional”

It's very common to see Cyklon 5000's without the decal. For many, the glue just separates and leaves no trace.

As for the first stage, I think someone may have used an XStream DIN fitting to replace what may have been a beat up original. The rubber molding pattern appears slightly different, but it might be a Poseidon part.
Screenshot_20200810-212842_Chrome.jpg
Although the older DIN bolts and wheels may still be available, they're often out of stock and would have to come from Sweden. Since the other will fit, I think someone either took the easy route, or considered it an upgrade.

Very possible, here is another picture for the sake of curiosity.
4C63631A-082F-42CB-8084-A194BA16DC14.jpeg

I’ll stick to buying the “regular” stuff for my first buy!

it’s hard to not be impulsive with those

I have one of those "din" connections laying around somewhere. It is a non standard oxygen connection which is mostly used in Germany I believe. The tread on the valve is on the outside for this connection.
It wil not fit a standard g5/8 din valve.
You can just buy a normal din fitting at your local poseidon dealer but they will cost around 50 euro, so unless you can buy this regulator very cheap I would not bother with it.

Sounds about right!

Any take on the differences between the metal body and plastic body? I read a few time that the 300 body had a smaller mouth piece and better breather...

i learnt on metal and I loved it...

They breathe the same, though the mouthpiece is slightly different. But the metal body is a bit heavy in the mouth. It is not neutral underwater. You pay a price for the bling.

I like the plastic as well, if they breath the same I’ll wait for a well priced set! They seem to fly around 220-320

Edit: thank you for all this information!

Very possible, here is another picture for the sake of curiosity.
View attachment 604025

I’ll stick to buying the “regular” stuff for my first buy!

it’s hard to not be impulsive with those
I *think* that is one of those fancypants M26 Oxgen fittings on a Poseidon... There was another post I just answered that looked for one of those - seems like a trade could be made to make two people happy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom