New Dive-Xtras BlackTip just arrived.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all.

I know there has been a lot of hype around Dive-Xtras new BlackTip DPV. I was one of the first on the train, and my scooter ended up in my hands today.

This thing is a sweet little package. Fit and finish is good. A couple little spots on the PVC body, but nothing that won't happen in it's lifetime of use. First concern was the motor was much slower than I saw in all of DX's promo videos, but it was just due to the surface/air mode. Once it got in water gear three instantly produced more thrust than I was expecting. Then came mounting my compass and nose clip. I was hoping DX would put in a molded hole in the nose for a piece of line. But some line around the handle and under the strap works too.

In water testing starts tomorrow. I already have a few projects that this will be a huge help.View attachment 561695
JJI
What compass setup do you have on it?

I've added a compass:
DPVR.jpg

These look awesome. Just curious what happens if the compartment floods? main reason i haven't bought one yet... i do a lot of shore diving, typically 3 dives. so using this 3 times in one trip would be a common practice. How safe are the seals?

Thanks

These look awesome. Just curious what happens if the compartment floods? main reason i haven't bought one yet... i do a lot of shore diving, typically 3 dives. so using this 3 times in one trip would be a common practice. How safe are the seals?

Thanks
That batteries are going to be smokin' that's for sure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom