Is bonaire open for US travelers August trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in Raleigh, NC many business' have senior hours which is very compliant in wearing face coverings.
Outside of these special hours it's about 50/50.

My part of the USA has about 99% of the people wearing masks in public.
I don't know about the rest of the USA but here in the PNW people are honestly giving it a go.

Hi FlyinV,

I can report similar percentages here in southern Ohio. Ohio has been very compliant with all edicts signed into law by our Governor. Most of his edicts have been struck-down by the courts for Constitutional reasons or for process failures (the legislature was not involved). The citizens of Ohio still follow the "rules" even though there is no enforcement. We all give it a try because it can't hurt to follow the guidelines. Hand sanitizer bottles are everywhere, in multiple locations in every store. I have been shot many times—with IR guns.

Very few people are not masking-up in public places. The few who don't generally keep a wider berth (physical distance) and cover-up when people are close to them. The few who don't wear facial underwear everywhere, use their shirts pulled up over their ears (less leakage than a mask!). We even have people who are outdoors exercising and are wearing their petri dishes—when no one else is around for hundreds of feet. Many people carry sanitizing wipes and wipe everything down (that was me). My neighbors, who love eating out, have not done so for six months. Now, all of their food and supplies are delivered to their house.

None of it worked. Our Covid numbers spiked anyways.

My dear friends did the whole protocol thing; they work in transportation and follow workplace guidelines. They got Covid 19. My friend told the doctor that he did everything he was supposed to do with PPE and sanitizing. The doctor responded that that stuff doesn't work unless you are trained, following protocol, and replacing your PPE multiple times per hour.

The doctor then asked my friend if he walked around looking like this:
upload_2020-8-9_10-25-2.png

Don't blame U.S. citizens for spiking numbers. Most of us are trying and we are sacrificing.

I want Bonaire and Curacao to open up, but I am afraid they can't hide from SARS-Cov-2 forever. I have a trip planned for the ABCs in December. Australia has the same problem. Protect the comorbid. You can run but you can't hide.

10,000 kids are dying from hunger every month due to the Covid 19 worldwide depression, according to published reports (believe published reports at your own peril!).

cheers,
m²V2

Hi FlyinV,

I can report similar percentages here in southern Ohio. Ohio has been very compliant with all edicts signed into law by our Governor. Most of his edicts have been struck-down by the courts for Constitutional reasons or for process failures (the legislature was not involved). The citizens of Ohio still follow the "rules" even though there is no enforcement. We all give it a try because it can't hurt to follow the guidelines. Hand sanitizer bottles are everywhere, in multiple locations in every store. I have been shot many times—with IR guns.

Very few people are not masking-up in public places. The few who don't generally keep a wider berth (physical distance) and cover-up when people are close to them. The few who don't wear facial underwear everywhere, use their shirts pulled up over their ears (less leakage than a mask!). We even have people who are outdoors exercising and are wearing their petri dishes—when no one else is around for hundreds of feet. Many people carry sanitizing wipes and wipe everything down (that was me). My neighbors, who love eating out, have not done so for six months. Now, all of their food and supplies are delivered to their house.

None of it worked. Our Covid numbers spiked anyways.

My dear friends did the whole protocol thing; they work in transportation and follow workplace guidelines. They got Covid 19. My friend told the doctor that he did everything he was supposed to do with PPE and sanitizing. The doctor responded that that stuff doesn't work unless you are trained, following protocol, and replacing your PPE multiple times per hour.

The doctor then asked my friend if he walked around looking like this:
View attachment 603588

Don't blame U.S. citizens for spiking numbers. Most of us are trying and we are sacrificing.

I want Bonaire and Curacao to open up, but I am afraid they can't hide from SARS-Cov-2 forever. I have a trip planned for the ABCs in December. Australia has the same problem. Protect the comorbid. You can run but you can't hide.

10,000 kids are dying from hunger every month due to the Covid 19 worldwide depression, according to published reports (believe published reports at your own peril!).

cheers,
m²V2
Yep, you are absolutely correct: masks do not work. That must be why the countries that use them well have hardly any spread or deaths. [/SARCASM]

I consider this country to be the prime example of an asshat country. Ignorant morons exposing themselves and everyone they come into contact with by making a very serious public health crisis into a political statement. If that isn't asshat I don't know what is. And as far as offending people - maybe they should wake the eff up instead of living in some alternate twilight zone.

Bye
I think “sh!thole country fits better than asshat, it’s the asshats that make it a sh!thole. Currently in quarantine due to living is asshat country.

To all you Americans who say you are trying so hard to contain Covid, I just have one word; STURGIS. 250000 people will expose themselves and then go back to every part of the nation. Brilliant! Events like this and lack of mandatory lockdown, mask and distancing legislation make the rest of the world scratch their heads and think Americans just don't care about their health and safety. If you listened to your public health experts and not your politicians, you would be far better off.

Having 50 or 75% compliance with reasonable guidelines isn't nearly enough. 162000 dead and a rising case curve should be good evidence.

Countries like South Korea, New Zealand, Italy and Canada have shown that simple measures used comprehensively can and do control case numbers and deaths dramatically. Personal liberties, unfortunately, occasionally need to be sacrificed for the good of the many.

Until the USA manages the Covid problem effectively, I think that places like Bonaire, Cayman etc. would be wise to stay closed.

Keep politics off these threads please. There are other forums for that and thankfully this is not one of them

It is impossible to talk about when we can get back to Bonaire with discussing covid-19, and that mean discussing US politics, which are the reason we are in this mess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom