Transpac XT + Voyager XT bungie - where does the clip go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joel <°)))><

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
On a Voyager XT, attached to a Transpac XT, does the bungie clip have to be attached somewhere other than how it comes, which is attached to the bungie. (as visible on Voyager Series | Dive Rite).
If it's fine as it is, why is there a clip? Any reason to unclip it at some point (for maintenance or else)?
Thanks!

Hi,
On a Voyager XT, attached to a Transpac XT, does the bungie clip have to be attached somewhere other than how it comes, which is attached to the bungie. (as visible on Voyager Series | Dive Rite).
If it's fine as it is, why is there a clip? Any reason to unclip it at some point (for maintenance or else)?
Thanks!
It is there so you can tighten up the bungee, or remove it entirely, if you wish to.

It is there so you can tighten up the bungee, or remove it entirely, if you wish to.
Good to check it periodically.

I keep my gear in a plastic tub in between dives and one time I found the plastic pieces laying in the bottom after the knot on the end of the bungee had come undone. I had to rerun the bungee through the retainer points after the bungee contracted, but haven't had an issue since I retied it.

Back
Top Bottom