Changing over drysuit inflator and exhaust valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How difficult is it to change over the inflator valve and exhaust valves from one drysuit to another? Are they only interchangeable if they from the same manufacturer, same style, etc? Can it be done at home or need it be taken to a dive shop to have done professionally, be tested, etc? Cheers

I have not done this a lot, you understand, but I have so far found them all to be compatible. There are tools that can help when they are really tight. The tools will do you no good at all if they have been substantially overtightened, in which case you will damage or destroy the one you remove. Testing consists of a few soda bottles in the sleeves and neck (or a small beach ball if your neck is as thick as mine is), blowing up the suit with the inflator, and checking with soapy water. No big deal.

How difficult is it to change over the inflator valve and exhaust valves from one drysuit to another? Are they only interchangeable if they from the same manufacturer, same style, etc? Can it be done at home or need it be taken to a dive shop to have done professionally, be tested, etc? Cheers
Really easy, no need for even any tools. Just like opening bottle. Just screwing with hands. You have test suit also by just wearing it and inflating it to max.

I think the si-tech exhaust valve needs a small flat-head screwdriver in slot to open, but its been a long time since I needed to fiddle with one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom