looking for a AOW instructor near Blue Grotto or Lady Lake area Florida Sept5,6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthernPine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any one know of a good AOW instructor near Blue Grotto or Lady Lake area Florida Sept5,6?
I'm looking to get my son in AOW that weekend.
Blue Grotto is booked up with a cavern class and several of the other shops around are not sure about classes.

Have you tried Cave Country Dive Shop?

Have you tried Cave Country Dive Shop?
Not yet I was trying to stay further south they are about 2.5 hours from where we will be staying.

Not yet I was trying to stay further south they are about 2.5 hours from where we will be staying.

That might be willing to meet you at Blue Grotto or other sites closer to you.

But you are staying in a far from the common diving areas. I believe the nearest common diving area is the Crystal River area with Birds Underwater and American Pro Diving. Bird and his staff has a very good reputation and I have a friend at American Pro.

There are also some shops in Ocala, but I don't really know anyone there so I can't provide you any recommendations.

Try some places in Tampa. Most all of them use those locations for courses, and some also do the AOW deep dive at troy springs if/when blue grotto is full.

I glanced at Calypso Divers schedule, but they are only doing AOW on 9/1 and 9/12..... Good instructors? Dunno. No affiliation.

About where are you staying? Do you care which certifying agency?

Scraps
About where are you staying? Do you care which certifying agency?
We will be starying with my inlaws in the Lady lake area. Its free so I cant complain about the location

Try Underwater Adventures at 352-787-0760. They are just 10 minutes from the villages.

If nothing else, they’ll teach a private class. It might be pricey, but they’ll get it done.

Try Underwater Adventures at 352-787-0760. They are just 10 minutes from the villages.

If nothing else, they’ll teach a private class. It might be pricey, but they’ll get it done.
thankyou SUperlyte27 thats the 2nd recommendation I have gotten for them. I called them on Monday from another recommendation on another group and haven't heard back from them yet. Ill follow up with Jim tomorrow.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom