Don't Share Your Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL. You mean like, "magically disappear?"

Lol. The position circulated by some early on implied that herd immunity would be achieved as quickly and easily as flipping a circuit breaker. Then...yes...it would “magically disappear.”

Even in states with mandatory mask use, there are huge gatherings of people without masks and without social distancing.

Even in states with mandatory mask use, there are huge gatherings of people without masks and without social distancing.

Add to that local law enforcement (ex. Some sheriff’s) that have openly stated that they will not enforce mandatory mask requirements.

Not sure which amendment mask requirements violate. :popcorn:

Add to that local law enforcement (ex. Some sheriff’s) that have openly stated that they will not enforce mandatory mask requirements.
It is interesting that sheriffs have decreed that they are the ones who get to decide if laws are constitutional or not. I was taught as a young student that courts were the ones to decide if a law was unconstitutional. I was also taught that law enforcement officials were hired to enforce the laws, and they took an oath promising to do just that. It would seem to me that a law enforcement officer who announces that he or she will not enforce a law has violated that oath.

In nearly every state after lock down was relaxed it is again growing. It continues to grow in States where there are mandatory mask directives in place. Not as high as at the peak, but you'd expect, even with no actions, the peak would eventually subside.

Unfortunately, mandatory mask directives do not prevent some/many individuals from disregarding the guidance. As a result, those that choose not to wear masks, social distance, and avoid crowded indoor spaces, as well as those politicians who have politicized a health issue have insured that we are no closer to controlling this pandemic than we were in May. We are the wealthiest country in the world, have arguably the best medical facilities, experts and scientists, but have statistics that clearly show that we have about 4% of the world's population, but approximately 25% of the world's Covid cases. We did not do what we were told to do to help arrest the spread of the virus, and now, unlike many EU and Asian countries, we are unwelcome as tourists in many places. Yes, flare ups happen everywhere when people get complacent or too impatient, but how other countries deal with those situations is the opposite of our incomprehensible, chosen path.

Not sure which amendment mask requirements violate. :popcorn:
117296658_10222904699590544_4566746865634277466_n.jpg

There does seem to be a clear political motivation behind some of this opposition. When Colorado's Democratic governor made the first state-wide directives at the very beginning, the state Republican party issued a statement calling him a fascist. In his earliest efforts, the governor tried to make everything local by saying counties should follow the directives of their local health departments, but he made the rules state-wide when he learned that in one Republican-led county, they were planning to fire the entire health department so they would not have to follow those rules. Many studies have shown that the overwhelming majority of people refusing to wear masks are Republicans. I have no idea why that would be in terms of ideology--what is it in the Republican platform that would push this agenda? The only explanation I can think of is a need to follow the lead of the President.

There does seem to be a clear political motivation behind some of this opposition. When Colorado's Democratic governor made the first state-wide directives at the very beginning, the state Republican party issued a statement calling him a fascist. In his earliest efforts, the governor tried to make everything local by saying counties should follow the directives of their local health departments, but he made the rules state-wide when he learned that in one Republican-led county, they were planning to fire the entire health department so they would not have to follow those rules. Many studies have shown that the overwhelming majority of people refusing to wear masks are Republicans. I have no idea why that would be in terms of ideology--what is it in the Republican platform that would push this agenda? The only explanation I can think of is a need to follow the lead of the President.

I suspect that the “no mask” movement is more a stance against Dems than following the orange moron.

I knew cops back in the day that said they would never enforce seatbelt laws.

^^^^This^^^^

Back
Top Bottom