Dive Rite Nitek Q : changing the batteries ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMBL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

Was wondering if anybody knew anything about the possibility of changing the batteries on that computer ?

Thanks,

JM

The band around the screen is crimped into place, only way to remove it is to cut it off very carefully, but then you will have some trouble getting it back on.

If I understand correctly, there used to be a stock of replacement face bands that could be very carefully manually crimped back into place, but that the stock is gone now. I can't find them for sale on the internet.

Darn... Bad news... Thanks anyway.

@JMBL,

Nitek Q has a Lithium polymer 3.7V rechargeable battery inside. Lithium rechargeable batteries that I know all have 3.7V voltage but they come in many sizes and flavors. Do you know which one is inside your Nitek Q? I'm asking because we recently replaced the lithium 3.7 rechargeable battery of a SEAC Jack and turned out to be a chinese made proprietary CR2440 battery.

at least its still being supported
good to know we have 3 of them

Definitely try resetting it first before you send it in.

Nitek Q Hard Reset
This process will reboot your Nitek Q. 1) Charge the Nitek Q for a minimum of 3 hours. 2) After at least 3 hours of charging, press and hold both buttons for 10 seconds while the Nitek Q is still connected to the power source (wall outlet or personal computer station).

I have a Nitek Q available if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom