Woman crushed by Humpback whales - Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone that thinks that is an attack is well a.....not paying attention. That is one of the most restrained acts of instinctive maternal protection I think I've ever seen, live or on video! That whale had a lot of options most fatal to one of more of the crowd of ***** crowding mother and calf.

It appears to me instead of slapping her tail down on top of a few pesky humans and swamping even more than she did. She opted for the submerged tail sweep to get the pesky humans closest to her calf away without even hurting them.

This is a perfect example why I don't think the OP was an "accident" the diver was just too close for the mother to have any other options. I've yet to hear of or read of a whale, any whale that appeared to want or intend to hurt a human in the water. Even the pilot whale that kept dragging a woman underwater let go before she drowned. It looked more like play than an attack to me. What would a pilot whale do with a dead human anyway?

Whales to me have something in common with dogs, they are better than us in many ways.

It also appears her message was received! :)

Ya, like this one. It says the whale swipes surfers. The “swipes” were barely touched the surfers.

Video: Whale swipes at surfers

Hey that's the same video that the Daily Mail Online posted. Is CBS showing fake news or did the Daily Mail Online get a real video by accident? We'll have to wait for right honorable @Ministryofgiraffes to check in to let us know what happened.

Simple wrong timing, wrong placement, animals doing what animals do and people doing what people do. The legislation is so strict the operators have had their question time, govt are satisfied with answers that all protocol was adhered to, no ones going to risk their much valued and valuable licence for gun ho behaviour, whales move a shitload faster than most people think, zero risk of the whales of Ningaloo ever becoming swarmed by tourists due to geographic and economic factors. Case closed.

Hey that's the same video that the Daily Mail Online posted. Is CBS showing fake news or did the Daily Mail Online get a real video by accident? We'll have to wait for right honorable @Ministryofgiraffes to check in to let us know what happened.

yeah, that's indisputably an 'ATTACK!'....if that's the case, then my 400lb neigbour's a$$ 'ATTACK'S!' her dixie cup on her sidetable every time she gets out of her armchair and turns around...

we should put a bounty on that whale's head...it's clearly a maneater...:tired:

Back
Top Bottom