Canister for PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a HDVSeaTek it leaks, I emailed the seller, I was told to use more silicon on seal, did that, it still leaks. Forget it.

After extensive research I have just last week ordered one of these:
ffsystems.co.uk - PLB Canisters

Looks the goods to me. Its on its way from the UK to Australia at the moment. I will take some photos when it arrives.

Here is a photo from there website:
View attachment 602471
Those look nice. How much did they charge you for one that fits the ACR PLB?

I have a HDVSeaTek it leaks, I emailed the seller, I was told to use more silicon on seal, did that, it still leaks. Forget it.

After extensive research I have just last week ordered one of these:
ffsystems.co.uk - PLB Canisters

Looks the goods to me. Its on its way from the UK to Australia at the moment. I will take some photos when it arrives.

Here is a photo from there website:
View attachment 602471
What was the cost?

FWIW, it doesn't really matter if the canister leaks a little bit. The PLBs are designed to be fully waterproof down to 10m for at least 10 minutes.

FWIW, it doesn't really matter if the canister leaks a little bit. The PLBs are designed to be fully waterproof down to 10m for at least 10 minutes.

Unless you are keeping your oh so expensive (and not rated to anything) automobile key fob in the canister....

Unless you are keeping your oh so expensive (and not rated to anything) automobile key fob in the canister....

Which really doesn't even need to be stated because it's so obvious that you would need an IQ below 50 to not recognize that. :rofl3:

Which really doesn't even need to be stated because it's so obvious that you would need an IQ below 50 to not recognize that. :rofl3:
I'm trying to work out if you think it is OK for a waterproof canister to leak, or if you think people are low IQ to think they don't.

I ordered one from LightMonkey. I contacted them and they gave me a choice of size. It is very well made. I put my car keys, PLB, Apple Watch, emergency blanket in there and it is 1/4 full. It is expensive but it will last me forever as it's well made.

Isn't that a drysuit region? That's where my key goes. FOB stays at home though.

But what about the $1000 smartphone?
I waver between:
a) hide in car/glove box,
b) hide it in the bushes somewhere,
c) put it in the drysuit (warning: can artfully warp camera lens, who knows what else),
d) leave it at home too
e) hunt around online for some kind of $300 "smartphone camera housing" that I don't actually need and doesn't exist for my phone model
f) oversized pelican or otterbox canister that isn't rated to the depths of the dive

Is the Custom Divers PLB canister not sufficient for the small ACR? My only complaints so far are that I spent a pretty penny and it only has one thin o ring.

Some cars only have a FOB. I'd rather my $1000 camera get stolen out of my car than have my significantly more expensive car get stolen because I hid my fob in the car.

Accepting a "Leak proof" container as ok if it leaks is not acceptable in my book.

Sharing the information that your leak proof canister leaks even after following the makers suggestions is helpful to those of us who have IQs lower than 50....

Sharing the information that your leak proof canister leaks even after following the makers suggestions is helpful to those of us who have IQs lower than 50....
I have the same canister, follow the directions, and it does not leak. I wonder what that tells us about his direction-following ability?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom