Harness & Air Delivery System for Dry Suit while Cage Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be inclined to ask the dive operator their advice. I assume they'll want you planted, not neutrally buoyant, floating around with tasty limbs protruding out of the cage. In this case maybe just overweighted in a 7mm wetsuit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these cage dives pretty close to the surface anyway? If so, maybe just leave a bit of surface air in the suit, which shouldn't squeeze much within 10ft or so.

Alternatively, if you're on surface supply maybe they'll have an extra long drysuit hose.

Hi
I often dive a pure o2 RB with a DS and I don't plug my DS to any gas.
For such a shallow depth, just the air trapped when you kit up should be enough.
Now why do you cage dive ?
If you want sensations, leave these sharks alone and instead of caGe diving try caVe diving...

Do you know how deep the cage will be? If at or near the surface, you can probably get by with surface air in your dry suit. My boss did a trip a few years ago and that's how they handled it. They were as deep as 30'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom