Katana 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. yes I saw that as well. It will be done.
2. Already at that position. I'm fine tuning it now.
3. Yes for sure! I did that this morning.
4. Already as far back as they go.

Thanx!!!
I can't wait to get in the water and see more improvement.

If this is the case something odd is going on with the right side tank (is it near empty?). The knob is rolling up too far and the bungie risks popping off. Rotate/clock the lower attachment point further away from the DIN opening (12 oclock) and instead of 3 oclock more like 4:30 (looking down on the valve DIN = 12, knob =9)

Yeah I was wondering about that as well. both attachment point looked Similar so I was really confused as well. I’ll need to pay attention in the next dive.

the tanks were half way there so it’s not a floaty issue.

Yeah I was wondering about that as well. both attachment point looked Similar so I was really confused as well.
I've found each side needs to be slightly different because the inflator hose holds the left one rotated more, if that makes sense? As in the right one needs more "clock" tension.

Got the K2 wet again today and I made some modification to the bungees and the tank attachment points.
I'm really happy with the results and i'm now ready to take it on more serious dives.

I think the tanks look pretty great. The viz was terrible so the image quality is not as crisp as last time.

Bars for your thoughts (and yes I know that my can light cord is dangling)?
Take 2 -1.JPG

Take 2 -3.JPG

I reworked the lower attachment point of the wing to keep it held down tight; the lower portion of your wing looks to be lifting.

I reworked the lower attachment point of the wing to keep it held down tight; the lower portion of your wing looks to be lifting.

Yes for sure. That’s my next project. How did you re-route that bungee at the bottom of the wing? Mine is in the crotch strap and it lifts too much. I’m thinking about attaching that bungee to the lower plate instead.​

What is the lift of the Katana 2? Can it support bigger tanks?

Back
Top Bottom