Peregrine Safety Stop Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just read through the Peregrine manual but didn't see anything about setting the depth of the safety stop.

Can you set the depth?

Thanks!

To what would you set it?

Any chance the Peregrine will be the same as the Perdix in that regard, where you can set it yourself and even turn it off completely?

Reactions: g2
Any chance the Peregrine will be the same as the Perdix in that regard, where you can set it yourself and even turn it off completely?
I assume this is in the Perdix Rec mode? Are you saying you cans set the safety stop depth, or just its duration?

g2:
Whatever I like, depending on dive site topography and surface conditions. Typically between 10-25 fsw (3-8 m).

you can ask @Shearwater nicely, but I doubt it. Even in tec mode we only get an option for "last stop" of 10ft or 20ft.

In rec mode, which I assume is what the Peregrine will be analogous if not identical do, the safety stop starts counting down once you pass 20ft and continues to count down as long as you stay between 6-25ft I think? Something like that. If you go shallower than that it assumes that you are going up to the surface, and if you go deeper than that it assumes you are diving again.
As it is not a "Deco" stop since you are within NDL and your ceiling is technically somewhere above the surface, it doesn't care if you're doing it at 10 or 20ft.

That make sense?

That makes sense but I see, in one video, that the computer's menu system shows a "10 ft" safety stop setting as if it's configurable, but there is no example or information on the selections.

Waiting to hear what Shearwater says...

g2:
That makes sense but I see, in one video, that the computer's menu system shows a "10 ft" safety stop setting as if it's configurable, but there is no example or information on the selections.

Waiting to hear what Shearwater says...

which video? I saw it as adapt, count up *which is setting the time*, and "off". You may have seen the line above that where it says "last stop" where you can set that for 20ft or 10ft, but that is not the safety stop function

g2:
Whatever I like, depending on dive site topography and surface conditions. Typically between 10-25 fsw (3-8 m).
I think you'll find on the Perdix Rec mode, and I'll bet the Peregrine is the same, that only the duration can be set. The safety stop depth is anywhere between 7 and 23 ft, Shearwater doesn't care where you do it. There is nothing to set for depth; the safety stop (if you have it set to have one) turns on when you exceed 35 ft, and then begins its countdown once you get back above 20 ft.

3:17

Although I see that's for the last stop of a mandatory deco stop.

Back
Top Bottom