Female DIN to NPT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broncobowsher

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for a fitting. One side a standard female DIN (think tank side of the connection). The other side NPT, preferable ¼" female but I can make anything work.

I have gasses and a booster for doing rebreather cylinders. I have a good gauge on the output side of the booster. But inlet side is a bit unknown. It can be done, takes some reconfiguring of stuff to get a reading, not very convenient. The gasses have screw in adaptors for a standard Parker quick connect for attaching the supply whip. I also have a nice DIN tank checker.

The plan is to get a quick connect that fits all the bottles (the adaptors in the different gasses). Attach that via the NPT to the adaptor I am looking for (female DIN). And I can just use the DIN pressure checker to quickly check the pressure in all my bottles when I start/end a filling session. Also be able to attach my O2 analyzer directly to the O2 bottle for a true O2 calibration without any errors that might occur from the booster pumping gasses from the K-cylinder to the little rebreather bottle.

I did find it a few places, but they tended to be wholesale. No retail side. I think I found some from a paintball store but wasn't sure and can't find that link now.

So with as smart and resourceful as people here are, someone probably knows the source that I can get one from.

when I need that I usually get a cheap valve and have a machinist friend tap the dip tube for 1/4" NPT.

Seems like it would be easier to put a T on the whips and put a gauge there so you can monitor supply bottles in real time. That's a more standard configuration.
this is O2, quick disconnect, T with a gauge, needle valve, then the downstream gauge. The T with the first gauge is the important part and is what I would recommend you do. This lets you monitor and make sure you aren't exceeding boost ratios, particularly with O2.
ultimate__79777.1367858630.500.750.jpg

I saw that one that Northeast Scuba sells, But $60 for something so simple?
The August Industries looks better and more reasonably priced at $40
I like the look and the price of the 1080-B but the thread is wrong. The G1/4 would be harder to adapt. That G1/4 thread isn't common here in the states.

Tbone, I thought about adding a T-fitting and a gauge to my existing setup. But I am also trying to keep it compact. I have the Haskel mini booster bolted inside a Pelican clone and the hoses I have will just fit if packed correctly. When I figured this adaptor would also work to attach my Divesoft analyzer directly to the oxygen supply bottle, I knew this is the route I wanted to go.

Time to start spending more money

You asked, and there they are. Some times you have to bite the bullet to get what you need. $60 is not much on the grand scheme of things....

FWIW - $40 at August will cost you a bunch more once their excessive shipping charges kick in.

BTW - you think $60 is bad?

DIN-F | DIN Fill Adaptor

I like the look and the price of the 1080-B but the thread is wrong. The G1/4 would be harder to adapt. That G1/4 thread isn't common here in the states.

Yes, that will be this one:1239-B
Mine, was made localy,for less than 30$IMG-20190131-WA0006.jpg

I saw that one that Northeast Scuba sells, But $60 for something so simple?

Imagine the cost of the dental work to repair your teeth after you gnaw one of these out of your ingot of choice.

-Z

Riffing off @tbone1004 's valve thought ... probably even a dead (free) valve could be made to work for you.

Plug the dip tube hole - drill and tap to a standard SAE Fine thread - if the length of the tapped hole and bolt/screw are correctly matched the bolt/screw should bottom on the taper of the tapped section. Pull the core and cut, drill, tap the handwheel side.

If you have an old Genesis offset slant valve, you can likely lop off the DIN socket lobe and drill and tap that for a very compact adapter.

My Craftsman tap and die set came with a 1/8" NPT tap so maybe you have one sitting around. Brass taps easily. I've just been heavily re-tapping some tees for deep engagement on a reg-test box.

I am with T-bone as I just have a whip with a valve and pressure gauge on it. With lots of quick-disconnects that allow me to easily reconfigure it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom