I found a Lake Simcoe Sunken ship wreck or wreck I found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,
I found a wreck just outside of cooks bay on lake Simcoe. I’m not a diver, I’m an angler. But thought it might be of interest to you. Here’s a clip of it in my video at time mark 11min 30secs. It looks like a giant crib of some sort but it could be a part of a ship also. I also Thought You could possibly tell me the history of what I found. I found it around 32 feet down with side imaging and then I put the camera down. Very cool find. I found another one that I have not posted with the video of yet. But I’m pretty sure it’s an old ship. It looked like a big railing that went around a structure like a ship. Also outside of cooks bay. Here’s the vid link to wreck #1 See 11min 30secs.

?? I don't see it at 11:30.
If this turns out to be click bait, the post will be edited.

Looked like a wooden crate? In about 6' of water.

Looks like a crib that they used to moor log booms to as they were moving them... seen some in Golden Lake years ago.

Reminds me of structures that are used locally for fish.

DW

I’ll send more footage later. It’s a big crate like box thing. And there’s another one I’ll put up later. I think it is a ship. Not 100% sure though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom