Any thoughts or insight as to when Bonaire may reopen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thinking about a return trip to Bonaire at the end of February 2021, so hopefully things are sorted out by then. Free changes on United flights but only on tix purchased through this Friday, so I might have to take the risk.

I hope they extend the USA ban past my trip in October so I can more easily move things around to a new date.

My speculation is that Bonaire is about to announce an extension to its travel restrictions through the end of August, but possibly until mid September. They've been announcing policies one month at a time.
End of August just announced.

Clarification added:
Sept 1 is the EARLIEST that US flights might get allowed in.

Where can I find that announcement? I have lodging and flights to cancel. It will be easier with something official to quote.
These things are apparently decided at meetings on Tues and Thurs, and take a day or two to hit the distribution channels as an "official" statement.
We'll see the "official" version on the bonaire.nu site and on infoboanire.com, the latter from Susan Davis, who tries to stay on top of all this.
I was quoting from ustus mogelijk Nieuws | Bonaire.Nu.

Latest Bonaire Insider - USA ain't gettin' in anytime soon. Going to be a long, long time till we get this CV-19 under control and even after we do they are planning to wait to make sure it stays under control. Watching the current goat #&%@ thay ain't going to believe it's gone till it's been long gone and there's a vaccine. Personally, I do not blame them.

I hope they extend the USA ban past my trip in October so I can more easily move things around to a new date.[/QUOTE

...Really ???? Well good for you....

A group of friends and us have a trip planned for October to Bonaire. According to the friend who is speaking with the resort, Bonaire is looking to make a decision at the end of August... Here's to hoping!

Make a decision at the end of August on what exactly? So far they've been making the decision at the end of each month to keep airspace closed for the entire next month....

Probably more of the same? I am guessing they will likely not be open for our October trip... That is all the info we got - Was hoping someone there could give us more insight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom