STA bolts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could only find zinc plated ones there.

Well he didn't ask for marine-grade nyloc wingnuts... :whistling:

I am wondering if hte STA is being flattened by over tightening the sta. Am thinking that the nuts are not loosening and the sta is reshaping.

I second the vote for Delrin thumb wheel nuts. I have two pair, one from Dive Rite and the other DGX.

If you're back and forth between wings, they're a real time saver. They also allow you to get a good purchase on a barely exposed thread and then crank it down more easily than a wingnut. Lastly, they present a flat surface area to the back if you're on different rental twinsets that have the tank band bolts set at different exposed lengths. The Delrin thumbwheel will just feel like a small bump up against your back whereas the wingnut will feel like a gouge.

I liked them so much I bought the second pair as a spare set in case one (or two) escaped.

It has been my choice for some years now. I've got 2 different wings and harness, one for diving doubles, one for single tank, fitted with sta, nyloc nuts, and weight, always ready. If you have to alternate between twins and single, disassembling might be a bit of a bother.

it may, but loctite degrades in water....its hard to say how long itll hold.

a better option would be to get a Nyloc nut, instead of loctite, it uses a little ring of plastic to hold the nut in place.

View attachment 600841

you can get them from any hardware store, or from McMaster-Carr.com

I got Nyloc nuts. Thanks everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom