Calculating average depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a giotto. The interface cable is expensive. I don't see anywhere in the Cressi software where you can access avg depth. Subsurface does show it.

Leisure Pro has them at $60, 30% down from the regular price. Get them while they last.

i usually just teach students to mark their pressure, time, and depth. then swim at that depth for at least 10 min. then mark the new pressure. you can use that data to calculate a sac rate. obviously the more you do it, or the longer the time, the better average you will get.
Much better to have your SAC/RMV for the entire dive, more accurate too. I hope @Southpaw57 can get his average depth from his computer to make the calculations. @dmaziuk has a lot of experience with Cressi, I find it odd that they would not offer avg depth in the log and/or the downloaded log.

...I find it odd that they would not offer avg depth in the log and/or the downloaded log.

Your gas consumption is SAC times pressure times dive time. Are you spending your entire dive time at "average" pressure on a square profile? How about a triangular one? A see-saw?

I just don't get the notion of "average depth" -- is it max depth divided by 2? -- so I find its lack not odd at all.

I will check out subsurface for sure. Thanks for all the input! Max depth divided by two would probably get you a ballpark, unless your dive fluctuates depth a lot , which it will. when you’re at a shallower depth for a long time and maybe just have a quick dip to a deeper max depth there’s no way of knowing unless you plot it at time intervals during or after your dive. I think, but this is all pretty new to me also

Your gas consumption is SAC times pressure times dive time. Are you spending your entire dive time at "average" pressure on a square profile? How about a triangular one? A see-saw?

I just don't get the notion of "average depth" -- is it max depth divided by 2? -- so I find its lack not odd at all.
Are you joking? Is it a serious question about max depth divided by 2? Surely you understand how to calculate the average depth? If not, you could ask Shearwater or Subsurface, or your 5th grade math teacher.

Hello everyone, newly certified open water diver here, looking for some help. For calculating my SAC rate I need to know average depth. I just bought a Cressi Leonardo dive computer, and have the PC software, but I can’t find where it shows you average depth after a dive. Is there a way to calculate or estimated either using the software or manually? Thanks, Craig

If you can show the dive profile you can make a good estimate of what it is. some where in the post dive details it may say max depth temp and avg depth.

since it is a serious question then here is an example. you make a dive to 100 ft for 2 minutes and the rest of the dive is at 30' for 60 minutes) you have to calculate it as depth minutes in this case 2*100 + 60*30 and then get 2000. divide the the 2000 by num of minutes ( 62 ) ang get 32 as an avg depth for consumption rate.

since it is a serious question
It is NOT a serious question. He is a mathematician. He is trolling. I have no idea why, other than to be malicious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom