Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any issues with bank/ATM access? I'm going to be staying in town and will need to hit a bank ATM for pesos. I'm up on the screens to dodge and not accepting the bank's conversion rate, etc...just wondering if any of the usual banks are closed or have limited ATM access. Going to be there 8/8 thru 8/15. Just hoping everything stays copacetic there, getting there, and getting back. Looking forward to getting wet. :clearmask:

You forgot to add that official policy is per the various individual official's Facebook pages.

True that, governor Carlos of Mayor Pedro are really who are directing traffic here, if you don’t see it on their Facebook page, chances are it’s not real. Also, every Thursday at 8pm the governor makes an announcement what the following weeks status will be, the feds make their announcement on Friday’s but don’t confuse the two - states rule here, not the feds.

See ultramar and winjet Facebook pages for updated schedules - don’t count on early or later boats - a few days ago, they oversold the last boat by 150 tickets and left people stranded in playa.

Be safe when here, don’t take anywhere for granted when in close with people - that includes being on boats.

Any issues with bank/ATM access? I'm going to be staying in town and will need to hit a bank ATM for pesos. I'm up on the screens to dodge and not accepting the bank's conversion rate, etc...just wondering if any of the usual banks are closed or have limited ATM access. Going to be there 8/8 thru 8/15. Just hoping everything stays copacetic there, getting there, and getting back. Looking forward to getting wet. :clearmask:

I think there’s an odd bank downtown closed but that’s it, banking is pretty much normal. CI Banco added another screen on their atms, that conversion rate bs, just say no and it’ll save you about 30 bucks per 400 - ask my wife about that one....

Anyone know which ferry departs on Fridays...the 7th,? Ultramar?

Why does winjet say they are not going today due to Corona virus?

Both are restricted to 50% capacity? How do we ensure 2 spots on the 7th from Playa?

Anyone know which ferry departs on Fridays...the 7th,? Ultramar?

Why does winjet say they are not going today due to Corona virus?

Both are restricted to 50% capacity? How do we ensure 2 spots on the 7th from Playa?

The ferries are running on odd / even days - Winjet operates on even days, that's why they have a post saying they aren't operating today. Ultramar operates on odd days.

Both are restricted to 50% supposedly and maybe they are actually doing it as a few weeks ago, there were people sitting on the floor with every set filled. That being said, they (winjet) left 150 people stranded in Playa the other day on the last ferry crossing.

Ensure two spots? Get in line early is the only thing you can do - there's no reserved seating.

Watch the Facebook pages for schedule changes, there's been some bitching lately, active covid cases are up - I wouldn't be surprised if they make a slight change next week but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything. The mid afternoon boats seem to not have issues, it's the morning and evening ones.......

So with all the ifs, I assume buying tickets online e-ticket is not recommended?

For ferries, don't forget that you can get a taxi to the calica at Punta Venado and ride the car ferry for about 50 pesos. It takes longer but is a nice ride and the passenger areas are usually empty. I don't think I will ever fight the people at the ferry terminal in Playa again.

I think there’s an odd bank downtown closed but that’s it, banking is pretty much normal. CI Banco added another screen on their atms, that conversion rate bs, just say no and it’ll save you about 30 bucks per 400 - ask my wife about that one....
Most ATM's I used only dispensed $500's but the Banamex at mega was giving $500 worth of smaller bills

The ferries are running on odd / even days - Winjet operates on even days, that's why they have a post saying they aren't operating today. Ultramar operates on odd days.

Both are restricted to 50% supposedly and maybe they are actually doing it as a few weeks ago, there were people sitting on the floor with every set filled. That being said, they (winjet) left 150 people stranded in Playa the other day on the last ferry crossing.

Ensure two spots? Get in line early is the only thing you can do - there's no reserved seating.

Watch the Facebook pages for schedule changes, there's been some bitching lately, active covid cases are up - I wouldn't be surprised if they make a slight change next week but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything. The mid afternoon boats seem to not have issues, it's the morning and evening ones.......
If its an Ultramar day you may try first class as they load first

For ferries, don't forget that you can get a taxi to the calica at Punta Venado and ride the car ferry for about 50 pesos. It takes longer but is a nice ride and the passenger areas are usually empty. I don't think I will ever fight the people at the ferry terminal in Playa again.
Do you know their schedule?

Back
Top Bottom