How did you discover ScubaBoard?

How did you discover ScubaBoard?

• Through a friend

• Internet search (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc)

• On social media

• Through print media

• From the Super Bowl ad

• Can’t remember

• Other, please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And your life has never been the same...

Met some of my best and favorite buddies and real life friends through Scubaboard. I am forever grateful to Scubaboard for those gems in my life.

From the Super Bowl ad

From the what, now?

I discovered SB from googling things, very early on. I kind of collect hobbies (motorcycles, snowboarding, video games, math, trucks...) and web forums have always been a great resource for me. Was pretty happy to find such an active board on my newest, favoritest hobby :)

Met some of my best and favorite buddies and real life friends through Scubaboard. I am forever grateful to Scubaboard for those gems in my life.
I am pretty great.

This one time, at band camp, our multiple personalitied fearless leader came to me in a dream as the alter ego known as Netdoc, riding a battle manatee across waves in the sky, dressed in full cave gear with doubles, stage bottles, and with the light cannon of knowledge fully charged. There were mermaids in Hooters shirts at his side and when he spoke, glitter sparkeled in their hair, and they gave me hot wings. He said, in the language of the dolphins, "If it is knowledge you seek, follow the line...but don't use more than one third of your available gas" then he illuminated a cave line leading off into the cyber cave darkness. As I followed the line I encountered many strange beings, Chewbaca in Scuba gear, holding a ships steering wheel; 13 sisters named Marie; a strey dog; 3 guys named Sam that new everything there was to know about Scuba history; and many others that imparted their knowledge of scuba upon me such as:

1- Never dive split fins or you will die.
2- Never dive with an air 2 or you will die.
3- Never dive with a Spare Air or you will die.
4- If you don't dive a BP/W you will die.
4a- ON EDIT- If your computer doesn't say Shearwater, you will die...and be eaten by manatees.
5- If it says Halcyon, you paid too much.
6- You can get paid reading Scubaboard if you do it at work
7- Dont start reading Scubaboard if you need to go to sleep.
8- You probably shouldn't eat mushrooms you find in the yard.

As Netdoc rode away on his battle manatee with the Hooters Mermaids, he shouted "Shockable rhythm detected, shock advised- CLEAR" and an electric eel gave me a ride from the cave of scuba knowledge on a bolt of lightning. As I broke the surface(with one third of my available gas remaining) ...after a 3...no 5...no 3..... 4 minute safety stop, my chest hurt, my wife was crying and there were EMT's marveling at the new tattoo of an older fellow in dive gear riding an armored manatee on my chest...with a hooker... and hot wings...

Seriously, don't eat mushrooms you find in the yard.

Seriously, seriously...im sure I found it on a google search about something scuba related (after eating Mushrooms I found in an alley behind a chemical company in Downtown OKC)

Happy Friday, safe dives!
Jay

From the Super Bowl ad

From the what, now?

OK, the Super Bowl ad was a test... and sort of a joke. Apparently 3 of our members reacted to the joke or failed the test.
:D:facepalm::cheers:
upload_2020-7-31_6-16-22.png

This one time, at band camp, our multiple personalitied fearless leader came to me in a dream as the alter ego known as Netdoc, riding a battle manatee across waves in the sky, dressed in full cave gear with doubles, stage bottles, and with the light cannon of knowledge fully charged. There were mermaids in Hooters shirts at his side and when he spoke, glitter sparkeled in their hair, and they gave me hot wings. He said, in the language of the dolphins, "If it is knowledge you seek, follow the line...but don't use more than one third of your available gas" then he illuminated a cave line leading off into the cyber cave darkness. As I followed the line I encountered many strange beings, Chewbaca in Scuba gear, holding a ships steering wheel; 13 sisters named Marie; a strey dog; 3 guys named Sam that new everything there was to know about Scuba history; and many others that imparted their knowledge of scuba upon me such as:

As Netdoc rode away on his battle manatee with the Hooters Mermaids, he shouted "Shockable rhythm detected, shock advised- CLEAR" and an electric eel gave me a ride from the cave of scuba knowledge on a bolt of lightning. As I broke the surface(with one third of my available gas remaining) ...after a 3...no 5...no 3..... 4 minute safety stop, my chest hurt, my wife was crying and there were EMT's marveling at the new tattoo of an older fellow in dive gear riding an armored manatee on my chest...with a hooker... and hot wings...

Seriously, seriously...im sure I found it on a google search about something scuba related (after eating Mushrooms I found in an alley behind a chemical company in Downtown OKC)

Jay
Jay, don't forget "If your dive computer isn't a Shearwater, you will die." :rofl3:

Jay

That was really good. This should be captured in the ScubaBoard Hall of Wisdom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom