Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks SeaJay. I am interested in the 720s for the reported dexterity. The Santi HD Gloves appear to be similar to the Kubi HD Gloves. Made in Bulgaria and EN420.

Thanks
Eric

I just picked up a set of these for my DUI suit with zip seals.

Does anyone know which set of instructions to follow for installation on a DUI suit with zip seals?

Waterproof suit mounting = No
Waterproof suit w/ latex seals ?
Mounting on a suit with longer latex seals ?
Mounting on a suit with soft arm rings ? - Do zip seals count as soft arm rings?

The instructions seem pretty clear, just a matter of knowing which set to follow.

I don’t have a clear picture of what the finished install will look like, which may help.

You would follow the directions to mount the rings to a suit that had glued on latex seals.

If you want to use a suit ring, you will need to remove the DUI zip rings and replace them with a sitech pu ring.

Anyone have any ideas how to do a Drysuit leak test with the waterproof dry gloves system (with the Drysuit inside out)?

the Rigid rings prevent them from going inside out.

1ACD2AC8-5DA4-415C-AA5D-3885E1299898.jpeg
4C5EF576-E2F4-4A33-955A-4E2CD8B0A53C.jpeg

Just leave the gloves and rings inside, it will be fine. You can roll the inside out pretty far almost to the ring. Where are you looking for the leak?

Anyone have any ideas how to do a Drysuit leak test with the waterproof dry gloves system (with the Drysuit inside out)?

the Rigid rings prevent them from going inside out.

View attachment 601221 View attachment 601225

I used small bathroom like cups. I kept the rings on with the seals, no gloves..... as least I think anyway.

I used small bathroom like cups. I kept the rings on with the seals, no gloves..... as least I think anyway.

you kept the dry gloves on with the Drysuit inside out? So the gloves are tucked in? Refer to the picture below. I have the suit inside out, but the rigid ultima waterproof rings won’t go inside out so I have them on the Drysuit, just tucked inside. Although this helps, it doesn’t let me leak test the Drysuit 100%. Essentially from the upper wrist to gloves can’t be evaluated. So I’m seeing if there is a way to do a 100% Drysuit leak test?

7F34A689-AF8D-4BF4-816E-551707D8517F.jpeg

you kept the dry gloves on with the Drysuit inside out? So the gloves are tucked in? Refer to the picture below. I have the suit inside out, but the rigid ultima waterproof rings won’t go inside out so I have them on the Drysuit, just tucked inside. Although this helps, it doesn’t let me leak test the Drysuit 100%. Essentially from the upper wrist to gloves can’t be evaluated. So I’m seeing if there is a way to do a 100% Drysuit leak test?

View attachment 601356

You know what, my apologies. I did have it flipped inside out but after going through pictures that was before I installed the rings. Sorry.

I think using small cups would still work. No gloves, just when its inside out the seals would be facing the opposite way with the cups in them. It's working in my head, not sure if that helps. Mine is a neoprene suit, so maybe a little more stretchy than trilam.

With the dry glove system off, I’ve tried cups and 2 liter bottles with no/very limited success. I’ve even tried 2 inch electrical tape covering the cups or 2 liter bottles and it still provides an inadequate seal for a Drysuit leak test.

CA6086CB-A118-4C9E-BE2E-0E1CE60C0B18.jpeg

With the dry glove system off, I’ve tried cups and 2 liter bottles with no/very limited success. I’ve even tried 2 inch electrical tape covering the cups or 2 liter bottles and it still provides an inadequate seal for a Drysuit leak test

What wrist cuff ring setup do you have?....that does not look like the PU ring of a sitech qcs oval system glued in the suit.

Understanding your setup will help us advise.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom