Gradient Factors - What is Everyone Using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currently 60/75 but haven't done much deep stuff to get a true feel for it since changing from 50/70

I came back to diving after a 20 yr lay off due to a PFO, now fixed.

Initially I tried out 80/80 but got a pain only shoulder hit on a repetitive deco dive.

I then switched to 50/70 and no issues since then.

It is worth noting though that unless you are very rigid with your schedule, ascent rate, gas switches, padding, set point etc your actual GF may be different from what you intended to dive.

Took a shoulder joint hit on 50/80, then small skin bend on 60/75. Now I have been at 55/70 successfully for a while.

I'm attempting to reschedule my PFO test this week.

I am considering 40/50 this weekend for a dive at 11k feet with 40 degree bottom temps.

Looking back I couldn't find the post, but I think someone mentioned not knowing if we are being conservative until we can all do our own Doppler bubble testing.

Oh Deco, Oh Doppler, O’Dive: Assessing the World’s First Personal Deco Safety Tool

Edit: Manufacturers web page, O'Dive - The first connected sensor for personalised dives

Long article but extremely interesting topic and product! Would recommend others read it if you haven't.

See the video I just posted above from 2 months ago. Very similar to the one from years ago though.

Hi, yes, you are right - quite similar. But the recent one for the Polish on-line meeting has a bit more contextualizing information, some new evidence, and was for a non-medical audience so the explanations are a little fuller - and because I was being translated live I went fairly slowly so its longer so you may lose the will to live. However, for those interested in the subject there is probably a lot to be gained from watching it.

Simon M

I'm just a rec diver so it doesn't really matter to me, but plan to go with high conservatism (roughly GF high of 70-75).

FWIW Dr Simon Mitchell is currently advocating around 50/70
if you are a rec diver low is fine or perhaps med if it is cold. all things I have read says low unless you are working cold or something else to justify it. You realize that a gf of 70 does not give you much bottom time in exchange for little if any benefit. How much depends on the computer you are using.

if you are a rec diver low is fine or perhaps med if it is cold. all things I have read says low unless you are working cold or something else to justify it. You realize that a gf of 70 does not give you much bottom time in exchange for little if any benefit. How much depends on the computer you are using.
If the computer is running Buhlman with a GF then it doesn't matter which computer it is; they will all give nearly the same answer for the same GF..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom