Dump valve cord

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use duct tape and coaxial TV cable and re-plumb my auto-inflator to the bottom, so I'm not the one to ask or give advice. :)

uRtwGU.jpg

N6W6tb.jpg

oa00Fy.jpg

Well, that's the most interesting thing I've seen on SB this week!

You can use the #24 or #36 braided nylon line from most spools or reels as a replacement, usually the thicker the better because you want something stiff enough to feel easily, especially if you take off the plastic ball on the end. The Dacron that comes on some spools or reels is probably closer to the original line that was used.

Can I ask why?

No.

[I though that was funny, maybe just me?] :)

Anyway, I have always detested BC inflator hoses hanging over my shoulder. I hate dangly anything so I solved my issue in this manner. Just one LP inflator hose that runs down the side of my tank behind me. I've used this configuration for 30 years.

No.

[I though that was funny, maybe just me?] :)

Anyway, I have always detested BC inflator hoses hanging over my shoulder. I hate dangly anything so I solved my issue in this manner. Just one LP inflator hose that runs down the side of my tank behind me. I've used this configuration for 30 years.
Might be interesting to see you manually inflate that rig.

Might be interesting to see you manually inflate that rig.

I rarely, if ever, put any air in my BC during a dive. I was trained to dive without a BC. The only time I ever might need to inflate it is upon my return to my boat. I'll take off the tank/BC, inflate the BC, tie it off to a rope, climb aboard, and haul the unit up. With it off, there is no issue to manually inflating it in the event I'm out of air or the auto inflator is not working. My plan has always been to dump the entire rig if I ever get in trouble and need to, but can't, inflate my BC. I have it so there is one quick-release buckle that seperates the entire rig from me. That way I'll bob like a cork on the surface in my wetsuit. i can always replace the dive gear. While I don't expect everyone to agree with my philosophy, it has worked for me for decades. :)

Can I ask why?

Because it sounds "cool," "macho" and "impressive" in bars and online scuba forums in addition to giving him something to do.

Bricklayers string works perfectly for most BCDs.

Back
Top Bottom