Paypal hates me now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
They abruptly blocked my account for no apparent reason, won't discuss it, refuses to reconsider if they did, just zap - bye! I've had no suspicious much less fraudulent activities, no non-pays, no problems I know of. My only guess is I've filed enough complaints and refund requests on eBay to trigger an automatic block.

I was enjoying using my Paypal Master Card on almost all payments & purchases anywhere as I liked the 2% cashback, but they won't release that now either. I can redeem earned cashback to my dead Paypal account, but that's a dead end. Paypal tells me that in 180 days they'll tell me how to claim any funds, but I am suspicious. I've replaced that card with a Citibank MC with eventual 2% back in $25 increments so no big loss. They have also blocked any eBay purchases even with credit cards, and that is irritating as there are things I source there better than anyplace else.

Anyone ever beat one of these...??

Didn't you choose to make a risky purchase and plan on PayPal being the ones who would bail you out if it went wrong?

Maybe they felt your patronage of their service was not a good value for them

Didn't you choose to make a risky purchase and plan on PayPal being the ones who would bail you out if it went wrong?
If you're referencing my purchase of the too-good-to-true PLB at too-cheap prices, nope. I used Visa for that, then disputed it much easier than another poster who disputed his Paypal purchase of the same scam.

Maybe they felt your patronage of their service was not a good value for them
Still, I suppose so. As I mentioned, I have claimed refunds on some eBay purchases.

I stand corrected. I am not a fan of PayPal because they can be so arbitrary

Paypal blocked you from Ebay? I doubt that.

Maybe they are collaborating with the Airlines

Paypal blocked you from Ebay? I doubt that.
It seems so. I cannot use a credit card to purchase Buy-it-now listings now. PayPal was a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay. Paypal was spun off, but I think the ties are still strong.

It seems so. I cannot use a credit card to purchase Buy-it-now listings now. PayPal is a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay.
Paypal was a wholly owned subsidiary. Remember when they almost forced you to use Paypal? Now you notice they try to get you to use some other payment method? They spun it off. I'm going to say something without rancor, not trying to hurt your feelings. I appreciate your posts here. I suspect you are a customer that I would not encourage to do business at my shop. I suspect your expectations are higher than the average supplier wants to deal with.

Paypal was a wholly owned subsidiary. Remember when they almost forced you to use Paypal? Now you notice they try to get you to use some other payment method? They spun it off.
My post was edited...
It seems so. I cannot use a credit card to purchase Buy-it-now listings now. PayPal was a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay. Paypal was spun off, but I think the ties are still strong.

I appreciate your posts here. I suspect you are a customer that I would not encourage to do business at my shop. I suspect your expectations are higher than the average supplier wants to deal with.
That seems to be their view.

Weird.

Paypal did something similar with me, but temporarily. They made a big stink about my transferring some funds from my checking, into my Paypal account, out of simple convenience, for some online purchases. Couldn't access anything for a couple of days; froze that same Mastercard; cash remained in a pocket universe; and, after a half dozen calls, those sylphs finally claimed that it was some "new" Homeland Security issue; and that that transfer, of a nominal amount of money, less than five hundred dollars, if I recall, was somehow "suspicious."

About a week later, it was as if nothing had ever happened; no further explanation or communication; must have passed their litmus test. Haven't had that problem since . . .

Back
Top Bottom