What do you do about friction blisters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's why it is so easy to convert liveaboard divers to lycra socks.

Frankly, I had to ask why they had duct tape on their feet in the first place. So they told me (the first time that I ever saw it). Over the years, I've seen it many times and since I always have extra lycra socks with me, I can do loaners, for those who need to be shown for themselves.

We're on a crusade together, Rose :wink:

Hi chillyinCanada,

I love a crusade.

I've never been on a dive liveaboard, but my partner and I have, ''sailed the seven seas''.

From the Pacific to the Adriatic, and everything in between, from over-night, to three weeks out.

Suzie loved to sail, and I loved Suzie.

No blisters though, not a one!

LOL,

Rose

I like being barefoot. No blisters with my full foot fins (Mares Superchannels) including two liveaboard trips. What really helps is regularly swimming with them. You'll eventually either build up calluses or pitch them and get some that fit better.

Pardon my misappropriation, but I feel strongly about it :wink::
That‘s horrible!
Those poor male squirrels!

Naked Greeks buttering up their, errm, whatevers, are OK though.

I probably bought them in Amazon but there many sources. Use "gel toe protectors" for your search.
They have sleeves which are open on both ends and caps with only one end open.
The set I got had both.
I found them at a local Walmart. they were priced at 2 for roughly $5 or $6. A roll of trailer's tape was half as much.

I found them at a local Walmart. they were priced at 2 for roughly $5 or $6. A roll of trailer's tape was half as much.
I don't recall what I paid. But I got a set of maybe 14 or 16 units. Different lengths , diameter and a mix of open both ends of only one end. many are still in the bag they came.
After using them pretty much every weekend for I don't know how many years exactly, theyre still in good shape.
Not remembering how much I paid, tells me it wasn't stupid expensive. After experiencing how well they work for me, I'd probably pay whatever is needed when is time for replacements.

Search Amazon, you can find an assortment at much better prices.

The gel toe guards I had, turned out to be too short for me. I had to put two short ones on a single toe. The outer one got lost in some cases. The ones that were clear all the way through performed about the same as the ones that had a brown woven surface. If I had ones that fit properly, I would expect good results.

Coach brand trainer's tape from J&J is my favorite so far. It held up to 4 hours of constant in & out of the water diving with frequent fin removal. I saw a little curling at the edges of the tape, but no real problems. It lasted 4-hours.

Back
Top Bottom