Beaches to open on St Vincent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sandals Is Opening a Beaches Resort in St Vincent

Taking over the closed Buccament Bay resort, which was troubled and maybe never really quite finished. That resort actually had an independent dive op back when. If this happens might be a nice and different option for folks with kids who want to get in some diving. Should certainly help airlift to the island.

I am not a fan of staying at resorts, but this may change my mind. A year and a half ago I did a dive vacation in St. Vincent. We spent a surface interval at the abandoned property. It was sad to see since the surrounding area was absolutely stunning!
EAFE27A5-940A-4493-A3DC-1E85666E5DBF.jpeg
E492ACA0-63DD-4DF1-B638-9A8BF66E67AC.jpeg

@morecowbells Where did you stay? We have always stayed at Young Island, but if they have AC and a dive op at Beaches that does a good job we may be tempted.

We stayed at the Mariner Hotel. Rooms were small and average, but the staff, food and location were great. Hopefully down the road flights may service the island more often if there is a demand.

@morecowbells

How is the diving there?

Forgive me if you have posted that info elsewhere-

Looks beautiful!
It is really a beautiful and friendly place to visit. Here is a link to my trip report St. Vincent Trip Report

In summary, great for small critters and stunning coral. The element of one flight a week is stressful, and in order to calm my OCD airport connection anxiety, we stayed the outgoing night in Miami, which was a PITA. I would love to return and stay a couple of nights in Bequia.

It is really a beautiful and friendly place to visit. Here is a link to my trip report St. Vincent Trip Report

In summary, great for small critters and stunning coral. The element of one flight a week is stressful, and in order to calm my OCD airport connection anxiety, we stayed the outgoing night in Miami, which was a PITA. I would love to return and stay a couple of nights in Bequia.
Is the country currently open to tourists? Any restrictions or pre conditions?

I was curious what was going on with the volcano and Beaches St Vincent and hunted around.
Only thing I can find was a June 2021ish quote from a non official facebook page someone created-
“We've got boots on the ground in Curacao for our Sandals resort there, slated to open in 2022, and in St. Vincent where a Beaches resort will open in early 2023," Stewart said. 💗🏝
Also - “We are in Negril now, I asked at the loyalty desk and they have not even started construction yet from what we were told. No pre bookings for a bit yet.”

Hard to find info on the volcano but can’t imagine the eruption in April in the middle of covid is helping anything. :(
The mention of Sandals Curacao is interesting though as I’d heard nothing about that

Back
Top Bottom