Cobalt crap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Tried to charge my cobalt tonight. Dead again. This is the third Cobalt They’ve sent back as fixed that I’ve received from the manufacturer. Tried to get this one back from them before going to Bonaire in January but didn’t receive it until February. Has ZERO dives on it since it was return as “battery replaced and fixed”. When we received it it had the one test dive on it... now nothing again.
contrarily I’ve had my other one since 2011 and the only thing I’ve had wrong is I now need the magnets replaced in the buttons.
Bottom line, Atomic Cobalt is sucking.

Ryan, I don't work for Atomic, but we did design the electronics and firmware for the Cobalt. If you can respond to my private message with details we would be happy to help get whatever is wrong taken care of- that's why I created this forum section.

-Ron

I had the same problem a few years ago with my original Cobalt, that was replaced with a new one. Then a few months later I had problems with the replacement. I called them and they had me send it back. They replaced it with a Cobalt II. It worked great for about a year then started having problems with the buttons not working. I sent it back and they sent it back after repairing. Their customer service was great, considering warranty was up, and they still took care of it. But, it's very frustrating when you feel you can't count on your computer to keep working. I did sell my last replacement cheap to someone in my dive club, and I think they are still using it.

Ron r was very helpful plus atomic was great.
That being said we sold both of ours to leisure pro, they just werent reliable

I bought mine several years ago after a few dives one of the buttons stop working. Bought from Divers Direct, they replaced it no questions asked and it’s been working great ever since. What I don’t like Is you can’t turn it off completely, only go into sleep mode, there’s always a drain on the battery when it’s stored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom