Perdix AI AA Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Eneloop pro's also have about the same mAh as the Saft's.

Different voltage? Saft 3.6 V LS14500 has nominal capacity of 9.36 Wh and Eneloop PRO around 3 Wh.
I mean Eneloops are great, but Saft LS14500 has much larger total capacity (and also gives it in low current low temperature applications)
IKEA has been selling rebranded Eneloop PROs as their white NiMH batteries. I have a lot of them and they are great.

Different voltage? Saft 3.6 V LS14500 has nominal capacity of 9.36 Wh and Eneloop PRO around 3.
I mean Eneloops are great, but Saft LS14500 has much larger total capacity (and also gives it in low current low temperature applications)
IKEA has been selling rebranded Eneloop PROs as their white NiMH batteries. I have a lot of them and they are great.

correct, brain fart, my apologies. Even at 50hrs though, with the rechargables I prefer to put a fresh one in before every trip. Good excuse to check o-rings as well

Different voltage? Saft 3.6 V LS14500 has nominal capacity of 9.36 Wh and Eneloop PRO around 3.

Eneloop batteries are all 1.2volts, not 3v.

I use SAFTs for long dive trips and Alkalines for day/weekend trips.

Regardless of what I use, I pull and toss the battery after uploading the last dive to my phone. Device is always stored without any battery.

Never had a problem.

Although I really like the Saft, I would not hesitate using a rechargeable Ni-MH ( Eneloop or clone). Or, reluctantly, even an Alkaline if nothing better was available. The great thing about the Perdix is you can keep it running out to the edge if the civilized world. :)

FAQ and Support | Shearwater Dive Computers - Under Predix AI section there is a "What type of batteries can I use in the Perdix?" - 3 from the top

Also a much longer video. Talks about the economics (dive hours vs cost) and also the voltage graphs, which translates to the displayed battery gauge on the device

TLDR - "While almost any kind of AA sized battery works with your Shearwater Perdix, the standard 1.5V alkaline battery (the type found in stores around the world) works best."

FAQ and Support | Shearwater Dive Computers - Under Predix AI section there is a "What type of batteries can I use in the Perdix?" - 3 from the top

Also a much longer video. Talks about the economics (dive hours vs cost) and also the voltage graphs, which translates to the displayed battery gauge on the device

TLDR - "While almost any kind of AA sized battery works with your Shearwater Perdix, the standard 1.5V alkaline battery (the type found in stores around the world) works best."

Disagree with the TLDR. There are multiple warnings from Shearwater about using alkaline cells as they are guaranteed to leak at some point if left in the device long enough. For some frequent divers this might be fine. For people that may put their gear on the shelf for a season or two it could be an expensive mistake. A lithium cell or NiMH rechargeable type is a better choice.

The way I see it, the ability to use an alkaline AA is only an emergency resort if you can't get access to something else. Nice backup, but not recommended for long term use.

I use eneloops when I can't find the genuine SAFT batteries. The genuine ones will have Made in France on them and a date code that starts with the year. One I have here now is 18 202 A 283.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom