Trip Report Back in the high life, part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I apologize, I was too tired after my 4 dives yesterday to post day 6. I will post yesterday, and my last day, 7 here. First of all, the small Hammerhead I reported on day 5, was actually a Bonnethead. It was a new one for me. Capt Alex made the ID for me.

I did 4 dives off Loggerhead, Boynton Beach yesterday. In the morning, I buddied with a very skilled regular on Loggerhead who I have dived with before Leila. We had a marvelous time, first dive outside of Clubhouse and the second dive starting outside of Black Condo and finishing inside at Briney Breezes. Water temp was 83 on the 1st and 81 on the second dive, visibility 60-70 feet. Many Loggerheads, nice free swimming Green Moray, the usual reef fish. We had a short deco obligation after all the time spent at depth.

I dived solo in the afternoon. 1st dive was a very relaxing drift at Delray Ledges. Nothing remarkable, but interesting how many lobster have come in over the last couple days. They should beat it before Mini Season. My second dive was phenomenal, thanks to Capt Alex. The dive was at Table Tops. I was dropped south of Big Rock on another island and drifted north. Rather than going West, to the finger, I went east to the main reef, part of this may be Lynn's Reef. The reef was pristine, with many huge collections of reef fish. The highlight was at an eastern cutout, where the was the largest school of grunt I have ever seen They extended beyond vision, a huge mesmerizing river of fish. I swam northwest to the end of the reef and did the jump to the smaller western island. One of my favorite spots, the Sargeant Major place, had not only the namesake fish, but many others. In addition, there were probably a dozen lobster under the small ledge. Wow 72 minutes of pure joy.

Did two nice dives off Loggerhead today with Capt Jim and deckhand Josh. Did Clubhouse outside to Gulfstream inside and Briney Breezes outside to Gazebo and Castle Ledge inside. Water was 81 on the 1st dive, 83 on the 2nd. Several Loggerheads, a couple of Nurse Sharks, the usual characters.

I'm very appreciative for the opportunity to dive the last 7 days, 20 dives, over 21 hours.

Until next time, hopefully soon. Good dîving to all of you :)
Another great report. Thanks again for taking the time. Sounds like 2 excellent days of diving to close out the week.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom