We have something to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mask HUD was done a long time ago with the data mask. They are no longer supported, not sure what happened as I was out of the loop for a while.

Have you considered potential impact of battery drain when you leave those stages in the cave primed during either long penetrations or in setup dives over multiple dives/days?

I would probably have to be more proactive about battery changes with the added risk of stage diving, but I talked to Richard from Dive-Tronix and he leaves the one on his test bench on for four months straight before the battery dies.

Though TBH I doubt I would be doing more than an hour or two of penetration, I've very much on the sport side of cave diving. So dives requiring setup dives with staged bottles probably isn't likely for me.

I have it on high authority that the announcement is an emulated version of Tony Hawk's Pinball game for the Perdix. Did you see the hint in the video?

Only usable during safety and deco stops. Some sort of multiplayer wireless capability for other Perdix's that are in range too.

You heard it here first kids.

I would probably have to be more proactive about battery changes with the added risk of stage diving, but I talked to Richard from Dive-Tronix and he leaves the one on his test bench on for four months straight before the battery dies.

Though TBH I doubt I would be doing more than an hour or two of penetration, I've very much on the sport side of cave diving. So dives requiring setup dives with staged bottles probably isn't likely for me.

I think you might need to clarify with Richard. 4 months is 2880 hours. Spec is for about 300 hours. They only stay on when there is pressure to them.

I have killed an AI transmitter battery in no more than 2 months just by having one of my CCR cylinders get accidentally turned on a little bit and then the unit sat (for 2 months). I don't know how much of that 2 months it lasted, of course. I just know it was dead when I went to prep my unit to dive after 2 months of sitting. The battery was almost new before that.

Mask HUD was done a long time ago with the data mask. They are no longer supported, not sure what happened as I was out of the loop for a while.
The DataMask was an expensive and bulky mask that had many issues, the technology just wasn't ready yet.

I think you might need to clarify with Richard. 4 months is 2880 hours. Spec is for about 300 hours. They only stay on when there is pressure to them.

He said he leaves it on. We were discussing an issue where my most recent replacement Teric suddenly said both my transmitter batteries were low, while my older Teric said nothing. And one of the transmitters was only about 6 months old, and never left on.

Loose Lips sell Computers...

@stuartv I have been told not to post any more of the information before the official unveiling. I already had two posts of mine removed.
We thank you for this! If you know, revel in the fact that you know before the rest of the world. :D I also know and am showing that I can keep a secret.

Loose Lips sell Computers...

We thank you for this! If you know, revel in the fact that you know before the rest of the world. :D I also know and am showing that I can keep a secret.

So do we have to worry about the FEDS picking up @runsongas for revealing secrets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom