Another GoPro Lighting Question: How many lumens to be worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what video player are you using? do you have the hero8 set for hevc encoding only or h264 and hevc? the 8 defaults to hevc iirc so if you use older software that doesn't support h265, it won't display

what video player are you using? do you have the hero8 set for hevc encoding only or h264 and hevc? the 8 defaults to hevc iirc so if you use older software that doesn't support h265, it won't display

H264+HVEC and just the standard movies and tv player for windows

I just recently got an GP8 that was an upgrade from my old Intova and I for the life of me cannot get my videos to turn out at all. I have dove in Lake Erie on two different occasions over the past month and while I'm diving I can clearly see the camera screen and everything I'm filming on the screen then when I come up and I download it to my computer my videos are nothing but black. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong because I never had this issue with my old Intova before.

it sounds like you are shooting in a video mode that uses HEVC and you don’t have the codec required to view your video. You can purchase the codec direct from Microsoft for a buck at the following link: Buy HEVC Video Extensions - Microsoft Store

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom