something new coming?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peacock - a "showy" model. For the "Internet Diver"

:rofl3:

(from the other thread, I may be on to something.... :whistling:)

A dive boat?

isn’t this a thread about dive computers?

Attachments

• 7125FD5B-F844-4D51-8E8A-B4A25B59FA6C.jpeg
    7125FD5B-F844-4D51-8E8A-B4A25B59FA6C.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 81
Please, I hope it’s not a smaller Nerd3 with GPS and more than 2x wireless AI.
Anything else and I think I could resist.

I could resist that. But, if they made it where I could use it as a monitor on my CCR and also use it for OC without having a cable hanging off it, then I might have to reach for my plastic. A wireless transmitter that attached to the cable coming out of my CCR (from the O2 sensors), that was received and displayed by the NERD3 would be just the ticket.

Even better if said transmitter also had HP ports, so I could route HP hoses to it from dil and O2 and not have to use 2 AI transmitters on my rig in addition to the O2 sensor transmitter.

However, I would settle for simply having a way to attach the O2 sensor cable to the NERD for CC use and completely remove it for OC use. It seems like the area where the charger attaches to the NERD2 could be enhanced with more pins to support a data connection. Then they could have a Fischer cable that attaches there and a 4-pin cable like the rEvo and KISS rebreathers use, and the end user could choose what type of cable to actually attach there. Or put nothing there (or a blanking cap) if diving OC.

Back
Top Bottom