Lunchbox as a reg bag

Do you use a reg bag?

• Yes

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since we dont listen to CDs anymore -- My reg bag was originally designed to carry CDs , its padded. Its a bit bigger than a lunch box. I rinse and dry the reg before it goes in.

I carry all my gear to my shore dives in a laundry hamper. Its perfect - afterwards you can rinse things w a garden hose right in the hamper.

I dont believe in paying extra for scuba-specific gear when household items can do the job fine. That's why I use a hot water bottle as a BC (j/k on this last one)

For those that carry a small redundant gas supply

download.jpeg

A My Little Pony lunch box!

Get it?

For those that carry a small redundant gas supply

View attachment 599352
A My Little Pony lunch box!

Get it?

You were doing really good until you had to ask. Should have stopped there, Don't quit your day job. Comedy is not your calling....

You were doing really good until you had to ask. Should have stopped there, Don't quit your day job. Comedy is not your calling....
I'll get my coat

Over the years I have become less willing to carry heavy stuff so my regs get packed in my checked bag now. So no need for a reg bag any more. I still hand carry my computers and camera, but everything else gets checked now. I still remember the day at the Miami airport - I was schlepping a double reg bag with 3 or 4 reg sets in it and I stopped and bought a roller carry-on, moved my regs into it and threw away the reg bag! After that trip, regs went in checked bags and I only carry a backpack on the plane. I am comfortable with this for Caribbean trips. For an Indo-Pacific trip, I would use the roller carry-on. I would hate to not have my personal gear half way around the world, but I still wouldn't use a reg bag.

YMMV,

Jackie

Don't worry @Graeme Fraser, some of us appreciate your humor. :rofl3: Of course my students often boo me when I ask them, "What did the femur say to the tibia? A: I kneed you."

Thanks, I'll be here all week!

Back
Top Bottom