Traveling to Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just thought I would pass this piece of information along.....

As of June 25 th the Bahamas has made a change to their Phase 2 – Commercial Travel plan and is now
requiring that tourists obtain a negative PCR test (long swab). The test must be taken within 10 days of
your travel date.

Just received my paper work for this (supposed to go toward the end of July) - The COVID-19 test must have been within 7 days of travel.

Edited from 5 days to 7. Don't know where I came up with 5.

Hey @DeputyDan , We're the same boat (so to speak). My understanding is it was changed from 10 days to 7 days of travel for those entering the Bahamas after July 7th. We're scrambling to change our testing appointment to fit the new window. Hope it works out.

I am in the Bahamas now. We came in on the 4th. Make sure to have print outs of your test results and your health visa, you will have to show them multiple times. I was told today by the manager of the resort that the requirement for the test was rolled back to 10 days again. I have not verified it myself.

I think some folks would have a problem getting the results back in 10 days.

Health visa app is no problem. Easily done online and a screenshot showing you completed it is good enough along with hard copy of your test results (as I understand from boots on the ground; they realize they have a back log). The real rub is getting the test and results back within 10 days (at least in my part on the country). We ended up rescheduling our trip for this reason. We didn't want to be the ones that showed up without test results forcing an alternate itinerary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom